Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

PansyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well okay I'll answer! 6.7 despite having the a similar avocado salad for dinner which lead to the 3.7 hypo the previous night. I just can't figure this diabetic malarky out, even after all this time!

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well okay I'll answer! 6.7 despite having the a similar avocado salad for dinner which lead to the 3.7 hypo the previous night. I just can't figure this diabetic malarky out, even after all this time!
Hmmm, the mysteries of the human kind!! ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Not just dinner makes up your fasting bg level hun. Lerking old carb after affects, energy used and liver glucose dumping. Oh and add hormones in the mix. Lovely diabetic broth. Made with different measures of ingrediences, every time. Constantly on the boil and some evaporates and some doesn't. Then refilled with ingrediences on top of remaining broth. Great eh?

Knighthawk22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ahaha !!!
Cream = good, chocolate fudgecake = yummy:hungry: 6.7 = pretty d**n good number considering;)
Cally in my book good always balances out the evil in this case the evil chocolate fudgecake well that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it :):):):)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a newbie (3weeks diagnosed) what should it be in the morning?

the lower the better when it comes to the fasting blood glucose untill not lower than around 4.0 mmol a truely non-diabetic level is by some experts considered to be 4.5 mmol ...

but if you can get your morning blood glucose under 6.5 a prediabetic level it will be a fine number though not the ideal number ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Liam1955