Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
4.9 this morning. Given all the evidence against taking statins how many of you are still taking it. I’m still taking it but would like to stop just a bit frightened to bite the bullet.

I’ve been on statins over a year now have have had no side effects doesn’t bother my BG in fact don’t think there is any difference but I have read all the stories and I know how you feel !!!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Were you low fat as well or just low carb.
Hi Janet not had statins for years due to terrible night cramps, but I was on LCHF diet for just over 12 months cholesterol went up from 4.5 to 7.4 so I gave into doctors and was given Atorvastatin 20 mg around a month ago this seems ok.no cramps better than Simvastatin. But no intention of staying on them once cholesterol comes back down, I've now changed my diet to low carb low fat and cut out loads of carbs eat more veg. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.7 today!!! Didn’t sleep well.

Will check again in an hour.
Hi@NewTD2 there is another type2 forum called blood glucose with some chat! Click on Home button top of page scroll to the with some chat you can post questions get answers to anything that may be bothering you on there. Have you had type 2 information from @daisy1 yet will help you why your new type2 .K

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi@NewTD2 there is another type2 forum called blood glucose with some chat! Click on Home button top of page scroll to the with some chat you can post questions get answers to anything that may be bothering you on there. Have you had type 2 information from @daisy1 yet will help you why your new type2 .K

Thank you!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you!
@NewTD2 your welcome will tag @daisy1 for you so you can get a better idea about looking after yourself with type2 diabetes, wish you well and don't be afraid of asking any questions that's what this site is all about to help you through it all. So much help and advice on here takes a little time to work out how to navigate the different forums and threads but you will get the hand of it, I'm sure! Again just ask. K