Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
18.5 when I woke up and 20.5 a few minutes ago even after going for a walk. Last couple of days finding it harder to keep levels reasonable
Good morning @cass2. A warm welcome to the forum and this FBG thread for type 2s. We're pleased you could join us.

Logging my FBG readings here, it must be said, helps to keep me motivated, especially when readings drift upwards due factors beyond our control like infection or injury.

Once again, welcome.

• Friendly
Reactions: mojo37 and cass2

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am on a semaglutide trial I am shore I am on a placebo. Not takening any diabetic meds
Thank you for your reply @RayCox.

Most anti-diabetic medicines should not be taken on an empty stomach, but Semaglutide tablets are the one exception I can call to mind where patients are instructed to swallow the tablet(s) with water alone.

Most of us here check our FBG readings as soon as we wake first thing, because BG levels rise once we start to move around. That's normal and a modest rise is to be expected.

Testing as we wake is the simplest way to ensure the conditions when we check are as close to identical as humanly possible. The results then provide a useful benchmark for day to day comparison.

Reactions: flonvic