Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Morning all this morning I'm 5.0 think I'm happy with that
Keep well stay safe JJ

Reactions: 21 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I'm a diabetic you know.

Reactions: 19 people
S

Sable_Jan

nuts...snacking on nuts has driven up my carbs to about 40-50grams per day..as a result blood sugars have been in the high sixes/low sevens for many, many weeks now. 6.7 this morning..driving ME nuts. been drawing many lines in the sand without success. stops now (i hope). will try kicking the nut habit with some willpower, butter & black coffee. :)
I've always found nuts keep my bs lower....mayb worth checking carb content per nut type? I believe cashews are mire if a guilty pleasure but still way better than some snacks.

Reactions: 6 people

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 this morning (25/05/15)

Had a low reading of 2.7 last night before dinner! - I reckon it's a rogue reading from my meter.

Reactions: 19 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
nuts...snacking on nuts has driven up my carbs to about 40-50grams per day..as a result blood sugars have been in the high sixes/low sevens for many, many weeks now. 6.7 this morning..driving ME nuts. been drawing many lines in the sand without success. stops now (i hope). will try kicking the nut habit with some willpower, butter & black coffee. :)
Me too on the nuts. Love them but so easy to over indulge and don't get me started on the red wine!

Have you tried adding coconut oil to your coffee to make it bullet proof?

Reactions: 5 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Expected it higher as I had a burger at the footy again and a sandwich on the way home yesterday which pushed me well over 150g of carbs. I did walk a long way too though (17k according to my fitness band) so that probably has a lot to do with today's good reading :)
Hola phil

Is that 17 km or 17,000 steps? Either way very impressive. Come and join us on our virtual run walk - Land's End to John o'groats in the exercise forum. I stopped off in our pub break in Bath last week a bit too long but hoping to add a fair few miles this week.

Reactions: 11 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a 6.5 fasting reading after a 6.1 bedtime one.

Reactions: 14 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've always found nuts keep my bs lower....mayb worth checking carb content per nut type? I believe cashews are mire if a guilty pleasure but still way better than some snacks.
Yep cashews are pretty dire. I think it has something to do with it not being a true nut!?

Lowest I've found are chilli nuts from aldi but as they are so much lower (carb wise) than any other peanut think the nutritional values are wrong. Sorry haven't got a pack to check at the mo.

Reactions: 8 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 am, pre 5.0 post 6.6 happy with this as there is a lot of stress about the house.

Reactions: 17 people
Status
Not open for further replies.