Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
72 mg/dl or 4.0 mmoles/l . Ketones 3.6 mmoles/l.

Late posting because pressed a wrong button on the computer and had to wait for my better half to awaken. She is the computer expert in the family, my abilities approach zero. On the other hand, she devours bread and pasta ,so things even out.

Reactions: 22 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
72 mg/dl or 4.0 mmoles/l . Ketones 3.6 mmoles/l.

Late posting because pressed a wrong button on the computer and had to wait for my better half to awaken. She is the computer expert in the family, my abilities approach zero. On the other hand, she devours bread and pasta ,so things even out.
Glad your OK I did wonder as you seemed a bit late this morning .

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 am.... still asleep... and off to work.... grey day round here... meant to be a heatwave.... bah!

Reactions: 25 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 at 3:30 when I had to get up, and then 7.2 an hour later after I've driven to work (no food yet)

Much higher than recently.

Reactions: 20 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Forgot to test before I walked the dog.

Now 7.9 which has broken my run of good readings. Breakfast of avocado and coffee now in the garden before I have to go and sweat all afternoon at work later.

Reactions: 21 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
5.7 mmol / L this morning at 07:34
7.2 mmol / L at 04:39 - second wake.
9.4 mmol / L at 02:36 - first wake.
7.8 mmol / L at 23:53 - bed time - just before eating bad bed time food I succumbed too which had Total Carbohydrates 49.5 of which Sugars 29.2g.

Sleep quality was awful. Not surprised by the high reading but, the waking figure is a bit of a shock.

Going to have no bed time food tonight and test through the night if / when I wake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 18 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There
Awesome, thank you brettsza, I just purchesed the items, incredibly cheap, I paid £25 for the whole kit plus 100 strips, and NO VAT! This is great, as I paid for my Accu Aviva strips £20/50 strips, not forgetting that I have a good chemist who sold them cheap compared to Boots' £29:-O
I paid 50p extra for First Class Mail, so it should hopefully arrive within a couple of days:) Yay!
Thanks again, so much:)
There customer service is very good too, you wouldn't normally need it but if you do they are very efficient. Only needed it once and they were fantastic.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.