Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Keep up the good work. That's brilliant progress

Emmy-Lou

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you...

I'm going to ask the dietitian when I see her next week about the lchf diet as I keep hearing how good it is on here.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You won't regret going LCHF :) but even so you've got some wonderful results without it.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning and I'm sure I forgot to take my metformin with my evening meal. Reduced from 3x to 2x 500g about 5 weeks ago. Averaging about 5.4 with readings and rarely above 6. My dilemma is should I ask for another reduction in meds now or wait for results of next HBA1C, due mid May? Weight loss has been substantial but I have a lot more to lose before I am considered normal weight. Having read some posts on the forum perhaps I should stick with the metformin as it helps with weight loss. I had been feeling light headed most of the time so nurse reduced my met. Still have the light headed feeling. My blood pressure is excellent (runs in the family). Had a lovely day looking after my grandchildren yesterday. Played football and had a run a round most of the day. I couldn't have done that last year. Happy days.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How frustrating Diana.

Perhaps worth considering the additional medication for a short while, and see how it goes?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 for me this morning. Having been 3.7 pre and 3.6 postprandial lay yesterday evening, I'm assuming my liver came into play at some stage.

mark51

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Negative people, Rain
5.5 for me this morning, 7 weeks since diagnosis and I've gone from initial BG of 39.1 down to an ave of 6.5.:)

Reactions: 8 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.9 today. 9.3 yesterday. No coincidence that its been a very stressful week on the legal front. Happy Easter everyone

Lizzy5172

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 maybe the large bag of salted peanuts and the vodka last night didn't help. I do have a new meter though which reads higher than my other!! Well that's my excuse. Off to do some gardening, maybe that will help. Lovely day here :)

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My first fasting test this morning. 6.3.
At what point should you take this test? As soon as you get up? 10 minutes later? Later still? We have our evening meal about 7pm, mug of tea about 8pm then nothing else but water.
Not on any meds.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
8.9 today. 9.3 yesterday. No coincidence that its been a very stressful week on the legal front. Happy Easter everyone
Stress is a significant negative influence in this game. Keep at it though Diana, it will turn around.

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
My first fasting test this morning. 6.3.
At what point should you take this test? As soon as you get up? 10 minutes later? Later still? We have our evening meal about 7pm, mug of tea about 8pm then nothing else but water.
Not on any meds.

I'm often confused about whether there is a 'best' time to do this. I've just had a lie in and tested at 11:15 at 5.6. This is by far my lowest to date, but I wonder what it might have been at 7.00 or 8.00 after only 12 hours and still within the Dawn Phenomenon zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.