Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.8 having been up most of the night watching with interest the results coming in from north of the border.

Reactions: 4 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay it was t 6.3 or 6.4

It was 6 so moving in right firection but puzzling thing is I ate four squares of dark choc!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 having been up most of the night watching with interest the results coming in from north of the border.

Exhaustion is clearly the way forward.

Well, maybe not. ;)

It's good to see a nice low number though?

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.2 this am and yes had a handfull of nuts for my supper only....seems to work:)

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 before dinner
6.0 after dinner which was a shock as I only had chicken salad so no carbs at all "I think"
woke up to 5.9 :arghh:

I had a rough night of sleep last night but I am having that quite often now anyways so cant say that was the reason for high sugars.

I wanted to try after dinner reading again but I only had one more strip in the box and really wanted to use it for fasting test

Reactions: 2 people

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
8.7 mackerel for dinner looking better

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.6 on waking this morning, and 4.2 an hour later, having got up and pottered a bit. Curiously, I have no dull headache this morning, but I am a bit jaded. However, that's perhaps not altogether seismic, bearing in mind I was awake almost ever hour overnight!

I'm in the middle of my 24 hour testing, and it's been quite hard going. Through the night, I seem to have slept through the 01:00 test, but as the midnight and 02:00 aren't a million miles apart, and heading in an expected direction. I will assume the trend line was unbroken over the 2 hour period. Similarly, I missed the 05:00, although I think I probably just snoozed the alarm continually! Just as well Mr Breathe is not at home at the moment. On the upside, I did manage to keep a close track on the Referendum results coming in, which had actually influenced my choice of overnight to do this testing.

I finish the 24 hour cycle at 17:00, so I'll defer any firm conclusions until then, but I did have a couple of very odd readings at 22:00 and 23:00. They were still under 5, so nothing to write home about, but increased from my postprandial number, which isn't what I saw last time, nor would I have expected it from the meal I had eaten. But, I cannot imagine I would take any even potentially remedial action for a couple of unexpected readings under 5. Hey ho; such is the puzzle we call diabetes.

Today, I will mainly be watching the clock and fitting chores around the need to wash my hands and stab my poor little fingers.

Play nicely boys and girls. It's almost the weekend.
:)

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe I wonder if dreams can make our BS rise?

6.8 after tea, which was good because I had an extra potato. Normally have 2, so it was 3 last evening.
5.4 at bedtime
5.3 this morning

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe I wonder if dreams can make our BS rise?

6.8 after tea, which was good because I had an extra potato. Normally have 2, so it was 3 last evening.
5.4 at bedtime
5.3 this morning

I have no idea, although I'm sure if the dream triggered an adrenalin response, it probably could. My 2 slightly odd ones last night were well after a benign dinner, but before I retired.

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
With these new batches of freestyle lite strips (from our very own shop) :¬)
I am consistently 4.7 when I wake up now - which is nice if its real

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning for me.......been in mid 5's all day again, only
Went up to 6.3 after a lunch of 2 ryvita and Philly for lunch at work so I seem ok with those (seeded one's)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Go figure.

After my carb feast on pizza, I get a 5.8 this morning. Went to bed on a shocking 8.6!

Reactions: 9 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In the 6's all day yesterday, with 5.9 before dinner. 6.8 at bedtime.

6.9 this morning! The liver dump fairies must have taken the night off!

Reactions: 9 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning- went to bed on 5.7 off to work for me in an hour, not even got my usual Sunday off now until end of October either......oh well, keeps me occupied ; )

Reactions: 7 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.0 going to bed 4.7 this morning, could be vodka assisted but will take it as progress

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.