Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 on waking... but 7.6 by the time I was ready for breakfast :(

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A 4.1 for me this morning, following a 2.9 at 02:20. Now, I woke with a bit of a headache and decided to test, on my way back from the loo, but try to get straight back to sleep, which I did, so the number was a “surprise” to me this morning. I didn’t retest, but can believe I probably did go there. I’ve seen plenty of low 3s, and know I go low overnight, so I’ll chalk it up to information, and move on.

Anyway, today I just have a load of “stuff” to do, between one thing and another. I have ordered a couple of items online, which I can’t collect until tomorrow. Slightly annoyingly I have to collect from two separate stores, in the same group, but, at least they’re not too far apart.

Play nicely boys and girls, and don’t forget to have a look outside for anything that could readily fly away later today. It looks like we’ll have some frisky winds this evening.

Reactions: 2 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.7 this am when i arose had breakfast went for a 2.5 miles walk and just taken it again and is 9.5 :mad:

hanham97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.0 fasting
7.2-After breakfast which was 2.5 hours ago.

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.2 on waking... but 7.6 by the time I was ready for breakfast :(

It often goes up after taking a shower and buzzing about - and your liver will sometimes assist!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 at 11-30pm bedtime
5.8 at 2am
5.7 at 8am on waking
6.3 at 9-50am before breakfast
6.7 after an hour
6.1 after 2 hours.

I normally eat breakfast as soon as I get up, but this morning I stayed in bed listening to the rain beating down on the windows. I dozed on and off. My liver didn't like it and I paid the price so decided to just have half portions of my yogurt, berries and flaxseed to compensate.

Reactions: 7 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 at 11-30pm bedtime
5.8 at 2am
5.7 at 8am on waking
6.3 at 9-50am before breakfast
6.7 after an hour
6.1 after 2 hours.

I normally eat breakfast as soon as I get up, but this morning I stayed in bed listening to the rain beating down on the windows. I dozed on and off. My liver didn't like it and I paid the price so decided to just have half portions of my yogurt, berries and flaxseed to compensate.

My findings, Blue, are that if I'm midst liver dump, and I eat something, anything, my blood comes down extremely quickly, so if food is in the offing, I don't limit what I eat, beyond my normal portion size, or else I am simply back in the loop rather quickly.

You might be different.........

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My findings, Blue, are that if I'm midst liver dump, and I eat something, anything, my blood comes down extremely quickly, so if food is in the offing, I don't limit what I eat, beyond my normal portion size, or else I am simply back in the loop rather quickly.

You might be different.........

That is interesting. I can't really follow the logic though. I can see that by eating my liver would stop dumping, but it's glucose is still in my system, so why wouldn't any glucose in my food increase my levels even more?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is interesting. I can't really follow the logic though. I can see that by eating my liver would stop dumping, but it's glucose is still in my system, so why wouldn't any glucose in my food increase my levels even more?

I conclude the first available glucose replenishes reserves.

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
Yes for the first time in ages before breakfast 6.6 brilliant

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Maybe your body is already sending insulin to deal with the liver dump (call it 2nd gear).
Then adding food, your engine shifts to 4th gear, to deal with both glucose sources.

Maybe it's easier to shift from 2nd to 4th, than to start the engine from cold...

Just speculating.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

:eek:
Bluetit, just re-read your post!
And while I agree that eating your liver will definitely stop it from dumping, please understand that there are kinder, less self-cannibalistic ways of solving the problem.
Please think carefully before acting!

;)

Reactions: 10 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:eek:
Bluetit, just re-read your post!
And while I agree that eating your liver will definitely stop it from dumping, please understand that there are kinder, less self-cannibalistic ways of solving the problem.
Please think carefully before acting!

;)

:hilarious: Blimey, you are sharp today! LOL. Please imagine my invisible comma after "eating".

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Depends on how LCHF you are, and how long you have been doing it.
If it's low, for a while, the first few days you eat any amount of carbs, you will see a high peak.
The BG will improve after three days back on carbs, as you readjust to them again, if you want a true picture.

Been pretty low (less than 40g net) since about mid July

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
6.0 one and a half hours after breakfast

Reactions: 6 people
Status