Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And now 15.....going to ring a medic friend :(
Obviously I DO NOT like this alliebee......makes me concerned for you, glad you are on the ball at seeking advice, make sure you keep us all here posted on how you are ( makes me feel very silly not liking yesterday's 5.4):mad:

alliebee

Thankyou Kim. Have paged my friend just waiting for his call back...it has stopped rising now. Just static its just so weird??

Reactions: 2 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Yes Alliebee you are a LEGEND if you don't know get medical advice pronto!

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. Yes I will. Never had anything like this before

I don't suppose you have any strips from a different batch (i.e. batch number), or even a different meter (and strips obviously)? Unfortunately, now you've triggered all that lovely adrenalin, that won't be helping matters. Although, it shouldn't put you right up into the teens.

As you have ketone strips, would it be worth a quick stab onto one of those, just to see what impact there might be here?

Sorry, that last bit is really an "as a matter of interest" suggestion, rather than anything helpful.

Reactions: 3 people

alliebee

Hi I've opened a new pot so not the strips. I have keytones anyway from my v low carb diet ..so that's not much help...weierdly I feel fine...its a mystery. Someone must have dumped 4 spoons of sugar in my tea. But I think I would have noticed! Lol. Thanks everyone for your concern

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
5.0 this morning. 6.8 last night after a wonderful Mediterranean salad dinner at Hilton T5 even had a Chocolate Eclair.

Reactions: 9 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
And now 15.....going to ring a medic friend :(

Probably a lot is down to the disturbed sleep, but exercise will help, if you can do any walking around, or up and down stairs, really the most you can manage to use some of the glucose up.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you are ok. I assume you've done obvious things like change the meter battery as my BP monitor goes berserk when it's fading?

Reactions: 4 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@alliebee
You are on Forgazia as I recall and this works by eliminating sugar through the kidneys.

Could it be early sign of urinary truck infection and you are not symptomatic yet other than the elevated sugars.

A complete guess but thought I would mention it, as something to have in mind.

Pavlos

alliebee

Ok its a sticking plaster solution but my dr friend advises a shot of fast acting insulin ( I have some in the fridge in date from when I was on insulin earlier in the year). I came off it after my initial weight loss.....so I'm duly carrying 10 units novorapid. And monitor for rest of the day. And basically see what happens. Not v happy about it. But needs must...

alliebee

Probably a lot is down to the disturbed sleep, but exercise will help, if you can do any walking around, or up and down stairs, really the most you can manage to use some of the glucose up.
Normally id do this. But I'm not very mobile with mutiple sclerosis. Thankyou though. Great advice

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@allibee hope you're ok. Please let us know how you get on x

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.