Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

I believe we had a few new posters over the last couple of days. A Merry Christmas welcome to the Madhouse. Lots of friendly support and advice is yours for the asking.

Reactions: 10 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me this morning.

Yesterday I didn't really have anything "naughty", although Mr B dressed the turkey breast with maple syrup, and the cauliflower cheese was made with a proper roux. But, all in all, my only differences were more alcohol than I have drunk for some time. It was champers, then onto red wine, so nothing too dire there either. It did mean my postprandial was 3.9, and I was 4.0 going to bed. I wasn't expecting anything too dire, I will more interested in how much of a rise I would have this morning, due to delayed digestion due to vino.

Yes, I'm happy with all of that.

Reactions: 13 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am pleased. :)

5.3 Christmas Day fasting
5.2 at 8-30pm about 6 hours after dinner and before supper
5.3 bedtime
5.4 this morning

No post meal testing of course. I really did not want to know. Naughtiness was 4 roasties, lashings of gravy, peas, carrots, one Yorkie, one After Eight, one Cadbury's Milk Caramel, and huge portions. Far too much wine from lunch time onwards, but a Merry time was had by all. I am so relieved my bedtime and this morning's readings were good.

Happy Boxing Day everyone. x

Reactions: 12 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.2 this morning. Had a glass of wine last night, which I enjoyed it at the time but didn't make me feel too well later. Might be on my way to becoming a tee-totaller. For a treat had bought 90% Lindt cacao. Took 2 squares out but this did not taste as a treat. After one square the other square went back in the box.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas day.

Reactions: 12 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 Christmas eve/day 2.12am late night
5.4 Christmas day 10.10am
5.5 this Morning 10.48am
Pleased with all these :)

Reactions: 14 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 Christmas Day and 5.6 this morning. Quite acceptable bearing in mind that it has been Christmas and I have eaten and drunk much that I would not have done normally; but now back to my regular regime.

I hope that you have all had an enjoyable Christmas, I know that we have.

Maxwell

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, for my first Christmas as a member of our elite group, not too shabby at all! I did test through out the day I admit, just to keep me straight and narrow I think! Had a small bit of stuffing, tiny cranberry, as treats....Two hours post dinner was 7.3 and that included a glass of prosecco, back down to 6.1 after 3 hours 5.8 at 11 pm.
Fasting at 8 am (lay in!) 6.3
During the day yesterday I had a few pringles and 5 Thornton's. ....felt really naughty and strange after 6 months being very saintly!!
Only going to test at bed tonight to get a base for morning, main meal today will be cold meats, cheese etc so maybe a couple of naughty nibbles while relaxing tonight!
Have a lovely day folks!

Last edited by a moderator:

alliebee

I was quite suprised to be 8.0 today because it was a naughty day but thought I would be higher. Today is day 2 but is mainly buffet food. Big gammon ham salads cheese ect as well as sausage rolls ...lots of red wine. Have a good day everyone

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
I am pleased. :)

5.3 Christmas Day fasting
5.2 at 8-30pm about 6 hours after dinner and before supper
5.3 bedtime
5.4 this morning

No post meal testing of course. I really did not want to know. Naughtiness was 4 roasties, lashings of gravy, peas, carrots, one Yorkie, one After Eight, one Cadbury's Milk Caramel, and huge portions. Far too much wine from lunch time onwards, but a Merry time was had by all. I am so relieved my bedtime and this morning's readings were good.

Happy Boxing Day everyone. x
TOP RESULTS veryeeee satisfying. Glad you had a real Merry Xmas and got great numbers.

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
We're all a bit fragile here at Sanguine Towers today after way too much champagne and red wine yesterday :hungover:

Didn't get up until 10:30 at which time I was 6.0, so happy with that. I had two roast potatoes, a spoonful of my bread sauce and a small portion of Christmas Pudding for dinner yesterday evening which took me from 5.6 to 8.0 after 2 hours - a big uplift for me but not too bad considering, and it is Christmas after all.

Boxing Day dinner later will be roast gammon with leeks/white sauce (I'll keep off the sauce) and stewed Bavarian style red cabbage (with apple) which I made on Christmas Eve. It will be interesting to see what that does, I can't remember if I've had it since diagnosis or not.

I'll keep off the alcohol today I think!

Reactions: 7 people

alliebee

Mmm red wine and more red wine. V mellow at the Bee's household. Beautiful spread children all happy and so well behaved :). Succumbed to some linocello dessert made with fresh cream and marscapone...lovely

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just know however I'm going to have the dreaded carb craving again tom..but worth it. ..

Partially why I have reigned myself in... I could feel myself thinking yesterday that it couldn't hurt to eat a whole giant bag of junior's chocolate buttons!! There is something about carbs that is just so addictive and seductive that I have to act like an ex druggie or alcoholic round them and resist.

Reactions: 10 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
TOP RESULTS veryeeee satisfying. Glad you had a real Merry Xmas and got great numbers.

Mmmmmmm yes, great numbers, but the in between ones wouldn't have been. I would like to bet I was in double figures after my dinner. I did not stint myself on portions!

Reactions: 6 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Partially why I have reigned myself in... I could feel myself thinking yesterday that it couldn't hurt to eat a whole giant bag of junior's chocolate buttons!! There is something about carbs that is just so addictive and seductive that I have to act like an ex druggie or alcoholic round them and resist.

I never get any different feelings over carbs, to protein, to fats.
In fact my last mega excess was fat.
A christmas market, and I had a mega bag of fresh pork scratchings.
Several thousand calories probably, but I did manage to eat the entire bag.
Even though I knew the fat was going to come back on me later.
Which it did.
Just the greasy, drippy, knowing it was bad for me taste, that sang it's seductive song, as it dripped through the paper bag, and rendered the see through image of the attractive, super greasy scratchings visible through brown paper.

But there's always tomorrow to make up for it :)

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.