Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

4 jelly babies, 1 green banana 5.8 feeling fine thanks, that will teach me not to skip dinner, obviously when low carbing not a good idea to skip food.

All back to normal.

Thanks folks
I was thinking syrup or honey but glad you got yourself sorted. A scary low like that......woah, take care

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.3 this morning..... consistently bobbling around the mid 5s at the moment which is fine by me :)

Reactions: 9 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I have family staying for a couple of days which means a couple of beers tonight .... what will tomorrows reading be I'm already thinking!

Reactions: 6 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Reactions: 5 people

alanfromderby

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah..just discovered this thread. Hi all. Diagnosed T2 last week, and started testing on Thursday morning. That morning was 20.3, yesterday was 19.0, and this morning 17.1 - so, very encouraging so far.

Reactions: 22 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah..just discovered this thread. Hi all. Diagnosed T2 last week, and started testing on Thursday morning. That morning was 20.3, yesterday was 19.0, and this morning 17.1 - so, very encouraging so far.

Nice start Alan. It's going in the right direction. Keep it up. :)

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

That's the way to go :joyful:
Welcome to the thread

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
That's good :) You are doing really well ....... nuthin' different from me. Was always in the 7s or the 6s ... now I'm in 5s and 4s.

Just don't rush it :)

Thanks Mike. I'm not rushing anything - there's a lot to learn so I just keep reading the many pieces of advice on this forum.

S

Sable_Jan

I know its not fare biscuits are yummy
Have you tried the Gullon Sugarfree ones? They are yummy too - alas not cheap but we won't be troughing on them so its not too bad ;). There's actually a thread someone started about them but I found mine a few months ago....bought them online but the"shop" has sold out now.....got enough to last quite some time though ;)

Reactions: 2 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh they sound nice whats the website:), I am going to bake some raisin and oat biscuits next week I can make 16 using 3oz of sugar. Just tested before tea 6.4 so have come down since this morning:)

S

Sable_Jan

Oh they sound nice whats the website:), I am going to bake some raisin and oat biscuits next week I can make 16 using 3oz of sugar. Just tested before tea 6.4 so have come down since this morning:)
its called ApprovedFood - they sell short dated and foods beyond their "best before" dates - sometimes I guess "over stocks" too cos it sometimes has long dates on.... I'll see if I can find that thread cos they were discussing where they bought them. Just remembered they now have sister site that does @free from@ things....

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
its called ApprovedFood - they sell short dated and foods beyond their "best before" dates - sometimes I guess "over stocks" too cos it sometimes has long dates on.... I'll see if I can find that thread cos they were discussing where they bought them. Just remembered they now have sister site that does @free from@ things....
Thanks for remembering the free from bit :);)

S

Sable_Jan

the sister site is naturallyfree.co.uk - hope I don't get told off for advertising again :eek:

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah there are a few one is behind CRUK where I work. Will keep my eyes peeled

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Welcome Alan from Derby .... I went there once .....

Status
Not open for further replies.