Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
before bed 78 mg/dl and 5.6 mmoles Ketones as beta hydroxy butyrate.

This morning 72 mg/dl or 4.0 mmoles, so that I am not without feeling somewhat chuffed.
:)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm not chuffed to anything, unfortunately... :( 6.8 this morning... it's getting worse... :eek: My HbA1c (can't we find a better name for it - it hardly trips of the tongue :confused:) will not be 39 next time I fear... I told my doc that I was spiking in the morning, and he said it wouldn't affect my average? Hah! I didn't know what spiking was... 5's in those days :) I did jump out of bed at 4.45 in fright when my cats started fighting in the bedroom though... :cat:
:cat::cat::cat: Not all four at once - only two, but it was enough to set my heart hammering... :)

Reactions: 13 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.8 on this blustery wet morning, DN appointment this morning only the 2nd one since diagnosis and the first one was a differing opinion about diet, we shall see what she thinks about HB on diagnosis 12.5 and now 4.8 and see if she can still disagree with me on diet.

Speak later people keep safe

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 24 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.2 this am ...very windy here but the sun is shining so thank :)full for that

Reactions: 14 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
The big bad wolf came round last night.
I could hear him outside.
He huffed and he puffed but miraculously my house is still standing!
Made it without power cuts too which is a surprise.

Good morning.

Reactions: 19 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 on this blustery wet morning, DN appointment this morning only the 2nd one since diagnosis and the first one was a differing opinion about diet, we shall see what she thinks about HB on diagnosis 12.5 and now 4.8 and see if she can still disagree with me on diet.

Snap, off to see my DN for first annual review... my bloods were not a fasting... so going to be interesting to see what the Lipids are like..
Good luck to you.
Hj

Reactions: 8 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
5.9 this morning after a 5.9 last night - yay!!!! :D

I must have stirred something with my unnecessary moans yesterday about my morning readings which seemed to have settled into a rut in the 6's - and always higher than the previous night.

Reactions: 19 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Hola

You prompted me to have a look through my charts to when I was fist diagnosed in August 2014. In general my fasting numbers would be lower than my bedtime numbers. Maybe a combo of a glass or red and a night time walk with poochy? Have you read up on this dawn phenomenon?

I could certainly try the glass of red wine but the walk with a 'woofer' is not possible ! Anyway, something worked this morning as I had the same reading as I had last night (both 5.9).

M

mojo37

I love the differing opinion ...they don't like it do they lol

M

mojo37

The big bad wolf came round last night.
I could hear him outside.
He huffed and he puffed but miraculously my house is still standing!
Made it without power cuts too which is a surprise.

Good morning.
The ****** took some of my roof slates off :mad:

Reactions: 7 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Good Luck John :)

Status
Not open for further replies.