Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to more controlled meals and more sleep - and no work!

Nonetheless pleasantly surprised at 5.3 this morning, especially when still on suspect batch of strips. That must be the (lack of) stress talking.

Did I retest? Did I b***er!

Snap! Just tested pre-evening meal at 4.6. I'm claiming it!

Reactions: 3 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning, so higher as expected - unless I can count the 4.1 I recorded at 00:45 this morning just before bed! That's my latest night out for a good while. I think that the alcohol holds down the readings that would be much higher than that based on the off piste carbs that usually come with a meal out. It was great to catch up with work colleagues from over 15 years ago, some of whom didn't even recognise me as back then I was 18 1/2 stone and after losing 4 stone since December I am now about 12 stone!

Maxwell

Reactions: 4 people

gaz tred

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning. Full of cold and a hacking cough. Does anyone know of sugar and carb free remedies other than staying in be as that can't happen due to work

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Full of cold and a hacking cough. Does anyone know of sugar and carb free remedies other than staying in be as that can't happen due to work

Try vit C (up to 3000mg spread through the day - will make your nose run so you know it is working)
Echinacea, capsules or tea
Zinc (works with vit C)

All available at health stores, and often at chemists, nowadays.

There's also some evidence that sambucol (avail sugar free) cuts down recovery time.

Chicken soup (low carb.)

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
hi today, I have a question if hypothetically a person went off the wagon on Saturday at a double header rugby match and had 4 pints of beer pasties, pies etc and then a take away curry and rice later along with another couple of beers, how long would it take to bring your numbers back to its regular levels?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi today, I have a question if hypothetically a person went off the wagon on Saturday at a double header rugby match and had 4 pints of beer pasties, pies etc and then a take away curry and rice later along with another couple of beers, how long would it take to bring your numbers back to its regular levels?
Hypothetically? ;)
If it was me, (type 2, diet controlled) I would be back down to normal numbers within 24 hrs.
But the slightest carb intake would have my blood glucose shooting all over the shop for days - and it might affect my fasting BG in the morning for a week or two.

The best thing for me is to go v low carb and allow things to settle. But of course, that doesn't mean that is the best thing for you. :)

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
thank you for that, I was just enquiring of course

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

The Double Header is a day long carb-fest, but a great day out. This is the first year in a while we haven't been there. Last year Tim Brooke-Taylor was sitting next to us.

(Who were you supporting?)

Status
Not open for further replies.