Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you have false hypos when you were higher? Is it a bit like that?

I'm absolutely fine down to 3.4. Below that and I feel empty.
I've always had feelings of dizziness since I first started to lower my levels. I've mentioned them often here. Since June, when I stopped the final metformin dose, I've noticed my body seems to be much more sensitive. Also I've suffered a little with anxiety and had a couple of panic attacks. I've also had a churning high in my tummy, around the centre where the ribs taper. Don't know if that's hunger.

The most significant sensation I've noticed is that, for about 20-30 seconds my hands, forearms and head become clammy ... Even the backs of my hands. It feels like someone is spraying clamminess on me! It's a weird sensation to describe. When this happens, from testing, I know I've gone into very low 5s or below.

Having limited my carbs to max 50g I seem to be able to go up to 90g (haven't tried more) in a day. Another experiment at the weekend : 2 slices of white buttered toast in a cafe - sent me to 7.8 after 1 hour and 6.7 after 2 hours then quickly down to 5.5. So, white bread still not good... It was all they had in the cafe and I needed to eat. My average is 5.4 for the last 14 days and 5.2 for the last 7 days. My next HbA1c is near end of November.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've always had feelings of dizziness since I first started to lower my levels. I've mentioned them often here. Since June, when I stopped the final metformin dose, I've noticed my body seems to be much more sensitive. Also I've suffered a little with anxiety and had a couple of panic attacks. I've also had a churning high in my tummy, around the centre where the ribs taper. Don't know if that's hunger.

The most significant sensation I've noticed is that, for about 20-30 seconds my hands, forearms and head become clammy ... Even the backs of my hands. It feels like someone is spraying clamminess on me! It's a weird sensation to describe. When this happens, from testing, I know I've gone into very low 5s or below.

Having limited my carbs to max 50g I seem to be able to go up to 90g (haven't tried more) in a day. Another experiment at the weekend : 2 slices of white buttered toast in a cafe - sent me to 7.8 after 1 hour and 6.7 after 2 hours then quickly down to 5.5. So, white bread still not good... It was all they had in the cafe and I needed to eat. My average is 5.4 for the last 14 days and 5.2 for the last 7 days. My next HbA1c is near end of November.

It's certainly bizarre how different we all appear to be.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's for sure. My last HbA1c, in May, was 35 which I think is very similar to your latest? Yet day to day we seem very different and you are very comfortable at low levels. As myim says, "it wouldn't do for us all to be the same."

I'm off to bed because my eyes won't stay open. First day with children in. :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I am beginning to think I am totally insensitive. Since getting my meter in April my highest reading was 12.4 (some time ago), my lowest is 4. I have never felt a thing! I think I must be an oddity.

Reactions: 5 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
So after the 5.3 it was 6.3 this morning :banghead: - apart from the strips I suspect my liver is just having its routine disrupted. Lie ins, late lunches, even pre-dinner readings In the 6s - hoildays eh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So after the 5.3 it was 6.3 this morning :banghead: - apart from the strips I suspect my liver is just having it's routine disrupted. Lie ins, late lunches, eve per-dinner readings In the 6s - hoildays eh!

Oh ******, better go back home then ;) It just goes to show what can happen when our normal routine changes. I'm sure it's a blip and your levels will settle down again.

Reactions: 6 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I am beginning to think I am totally insensitive. Since getting my meter in April my highest reading was 12.4 (some time ago), my lowest is 4. I have never felt a thing! I think I must be an oddity.

I'm similar.
I sometimes feel 'hypo' type effects, only after strenuous exercise, if I go below 5. But if I'm sitting down, (like now) just tested. 4.7, and feeling fine.
Going up, I have no difficulty coping, on the rare occasions I do.
No feeling of tiredness, of loss of attention others have posted about.
But I also drop 2 or 3 points in a few minutes, f I'm on the treadmill, running.

Reactions: 4 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I get a whoop whoop?!

Finally.....

5.8!

Very happy with that!

Reactions: 14 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.7 here after going to bed on 6.9 and taking no meds at bedtime and nothing to eat or drink since 7pm. :mad:

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
down 1.6 from yesterday, Rugby not that bad after all also completely forgot my meds last night, need a big bell around my neck, well done to all those who remain steady

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
down 1.6 from yesterday, Rugby not that bad after all also completely forgot my meds last night, need a big bell around my neck, well done to all those who remain steady

If you have a smart phone, just set a recurring alarm, then you don't need to reset it every night. I use the timer function for my postprandial testing, so I don't get distracted by life in general.

It works for me.

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
I do have a
If you have a smart phone, just set a recurring alarm, then you don't need to reset it every night. I use the timer function for my postprandial testing, so I don't get distracted by life in general.

It works for me.
I do have a smart phone, but I am not smart, however my daughter just did exactly that for me thanks anyway

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
4.7 when I went to bed, so I thought I'd test first thing and took the meter upstairs with me.

! was disturbed a few times in the night, so I tested before getting up, - 6.3, around what I thought it would be.
Walked downstairs, put the kettle on, made the ryvita, washed my hands, retested at a much better 5.6 half an hour later.

I definitely have a pattern.
Good nights sleep, in the 5's.
Bad night, in the 6's
A little bit of exercise, even something as simple as going up or down stairs, and there is a measurable drop.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 or 5.4 adjusted. Last pot of them opened. Expected worse as the phone rang at 4.20 this morning. Had just got back to sleep after panic attack so another one was not what I needed. Bl**dy automated call centre thing- we are that register for nuisance calls but that is all we seem to get these days so thinking of cancelling phone and just using mobiles as we hardly ever call anyone. Has left me jittery and out of sorts as I was meant to be going out early but couldn't face it as dog tired so will have to pop to town later. At that time I thought it was someone ringing to say my son had had an accident or my grandad had died. Arghhhhh.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.