Uncertin yet!

Abu_Rayyan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

I am 35 now all my life I was fat (and still) and all my fat is in around my waist...I was around 118 KG

i guess it all started with my blood pressure medication, for years i have been testing my blood pressure from time to time and it was almost always within the range of 120-140 / 85-95 my wife insisted to keep consulting doctors, i saw 4 , 2 of them were against any medication because this might be my normal, and see i feel nothing no need for any drug, while 2 docs said you should reduce it, to stay on the safe side i took Tenoretic 100 for almost 2 years of my life...(later doctor blamed me using thos drug...continue reading and you will find out more)

In Feb. 2017 I suddenly noticed that I started waking up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet, and that was strange for me, I used to drink a LOT of water every day, drinking 2 or 3 cups every 2 hours was my average!

I had so much gases in my stomach, you can really hear high bubbles sound by only standing next to me and no matter what I eat/don't eat the stomach paid is always there.

In May I went to see the doctor, he did so many tests to me; the following are the high things:
image.jpg

image.jpg

1111.jpg

IMG_20170817_233926.jpg

He said my whole metabolism is really damaged badly and the Tenoretic increased my chance of having the cell resistence to my insulin, because the side effect of that drug is the kidney, again not only this to blame, being fat, and my whole metabolism, it's like you stick an arrow in a running wheel, the wheel can still go on slowly but not functioning very well, we will fix you up but you have to watch what you eat, and regarding your sugar you now have diabetes so you should make some serious changes in your life style....

*No Hba1c was done...the doctor said no need you get 10 while fasting no further signs to investigate, you have diabetes!

I refused (and still refuse this fact) he gave me drugs to reduce my cholesterol, and my Triglyceride, and Janumet 100/1000 (daily 1 tab after lunch) and since then, numbness started in my left foot...it comes and goes but I noticed when I have really really good control of my sugar it's almost gone...

Of course this numbness is happening only when I am wearing the shoes, that's why I take off my shoes when I’m driving...

I started testing and watching my sugar and how it runs and it's effected by what I eat here's an example of NO DIET NO CARB just reducing the quantity I am eating and no sweets at all:

- fasting 6.6 and below

- During the day 5.6

- 2 hours after eating (varies from 7-11)

Then I read and read and educated myself, and decided to start a real diet cutting carbs, and eat less food and exercise at least walk 3 times a week...of course without stopping medications.

I reduced my weight around 9 KG in 4 months, my sugar tests are much more more better.
doctor gave me a new drug for my blood pressure, which i stopped and he noticed my readings it was maximum 130/90 (so he said no need to take it)

After 4 months of taking medication, I did blood tests again and here's my result:
image.png

image.png

So now all my readings seem to be great I guess...what does this mean? I’m all confused...

Could it be just being fat and by losing more and more weight I will reverse it...

Is it just random temporary thing because my metabolism was bad...which by the way is now waaaaaay much better I’m normal again!

Do/did I really have/had diabetes?

Can I stop the drug sometime soon?

can i go back to normal eating chocolates on bi-daily...or at least when someone offers me a sweet to be able and eat it with no gilt :(

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I Think your numbers are getting better because you are aware What you eat and because you do lose weight and because you do move , maybe you are among the People that really can lose their ways kg wise towards a better health so keep on you great work with your body and please share your progress too , I Think your GP was right in telling you that you are diabetic