Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I had my regular check up with my practice nurse this morning - 11 st 0.5 and my BP was 104/65

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
13st 5lbs this morning. Going in the wrong direction this week.

Maxwell

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
9/9/16 - Going to start weighing myself on a weekly basis now.

Today = 13 stone exact.

Reactions: Prem51

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
9/9/16 - Going to start weighing myself on a weekly basis now.

Today = 13 stone exact.
Welcome to this thread William, I look forward to seeing your progress. BTW I weighed 13 stone at my heaviest :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks @Diamum5972 - The heaviest I have ever been was 15 stone and that was 3 years ago. I was last weighed only in August at the Hospital and I was 12 stone 11lbs, - so, I've put on 3lbs.:eek: But, will report every Friday from now on Barbara to this thread. :)

Reactions: Diamum5972

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've added 4kgs over the 6wks holidays. Weighed in today at 133kgs which needs to be halved. Grocery shopping on tuesday and reducing my insulin and restarting r-ala supplement tomorrow.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Woo hoo! I weighed myself this morning and I'm under 11 stone - 10 stone 13.5 to be precise! My target is 10 stone 7 which is what I weighed when my son was born 23 years ago :)

Reactions: rainbow79

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weighed today down to 9 stone 11.5 pounds so a loss of 1 and a half pounds wow so happy, only 4 and half pounds to go to my target weight :couchpotato:

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Weighed on Sunday - weight has remained the same - have been feeling a bit under the weather so may have eaten a little more than usual - but staying the same is still positive - I find it helps me to focus on as many positives as possible. So here is to next weeks weigh in and the hope for a slight change................

Fergum10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
celery!
Hi Everyone
I have started this thread to continue to measure my weight on a Friday. I do not belong to any weight loss support groups and feel there could be a lot Im missing out on from a support point of view. I measure my weight at the same time every Friday. You are welcome to join this thread with your own loss/challenge weeks.

10/3/16 - 3lb lost total lost to date - 17lbs
Well done. I lost two stone quite quickly but Ive hardly lost at all these last two weeks. Im not cheating and I walked a total of 15 miles to and from work last week and lost 7g. Im wondering if Im constipated. Food going in, but nowt coming out! LOL!

Is it normal to stop losing so early? Im on LCHF and am in ketosis so obviously burning fat.Im eating good healthy food and using a smaller plate for portion sizes. I just dont get it. Im certainly not losing 2-3llbs a week!

Whats wrong do you think?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Fergum10 You've done well to lose 2 stone. What is your BMI?
It took me about 6 months to lose 2 stone and I was on a really spartan diet only eating one meal a day and walking over 10 miles a day. I was losing around 1-1.5lbs a week.
It may help restart your weight loss by fasting. I seem to be losing weight again after fasting for the last month, again only eating one meal a day.
Also are your scales accurate? Have you checked your weight on other scales?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To me, your weight is not much for a guy. Keep going and let me know how you propose to maintain your weight once you have reached your desired weight. Thank you.

Hi @Keesha! I do have a slight build. At 18 I only weighed 84lbs - my friends at school used to say I could be a model for Oxfam! I only got overweight after I retired and wasn't active (I used to walk 3 miles to work every day) and was eating more as I had time on my hands. I was also going to the pub most nights for a pub meal, almost always with chips, and 3-4 pints of beer.
I was actually glad to be putting on weight as I thought I was too thin. Yes I've heard that saying 'you can't be too rich or too thin'!
But the weight was only going on round my middle which must have also increased the visceral fat around my liver and pancreas.
If it had been more on my arms and legs it might have been better.

I'm not too concerned about my weight now, as it is under 140lbs, which is the psychological mark I have aimed for. But I do want to improve my height/waist measurement ratio. The recommended ratio is that your waist measurement (at navel level) is no more than half your height.
My height is 67" and my waist measurement is 34", so I still need to lose half an inch.
If I do get there I will stabilise by eating two meals a day. At the moment I am only eating once in the evening. I didn't usually have breakfast anyway, just eating something like a bacon or fried egg sandwich around midday. I'm not actually missing eating that now and have got used to fasting again.

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
16/9/16 - Today my weight is 12stone 12lbs. I have lost 2lbs since last Friday. But, GP increased my Diuretics to 2 tablets a day this week, so it could just be fluid I am getting rid off.
I only have Breakfast be it a Banana OR Brown Seeded Toast & Butter, and Evening Meal. Should I feel hungry during the day I have 2 - 3 spoonfuls of Greek Yoghurt to curb the hunger.
Well Done those who have lost weight - awarding you all a Gold Star.:)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Despite fasting my weight today is the same as last Friday at 137 lbs. But my skeletal fat seems to have decreased slightly, and my muscle mass increased slightly. Visceral fat is the same at 6, which is in the 'healthy' range.

Fergum10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
celery!
@Fergum10 You've done well to lose 2 stone. What is your BMI?
It took me about 6 months to lose 2 stone and I was on a really spartan diet only eating one meal a day and walking over 10 miles a day. I was losing around 1-1.5lbs a week.
It may help restart your weight loss by fasting. I seem to be losing weight again after fasting for the last month, again only eating one meal a day.
Also are your scales accurate? Have you checked your weight on other scales?
Hi, I dont know my BMI, I cant get into the mibody app to retrieve the info...but its high! Im thinking that im eating too many calories...I need to cut out the butter, and go back to the benecol. Also Im eating coconut oil and thats really high in calories. I think I need to eat little and often. I lost most when I was eating three meals a day and a snack of fruit or yoghurt twice a day. I guess we are all different. Onwards and 'downwards' I hope from now on. BP and weight wise :)

Reactions: Liam1955 and Prem51

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
That's pretty good @Freema keep it up.

I havn't posted for a couple of weeks now as my weight has been a little unstable up and down like a yo-yo.

But when I weighed my self this morning am now at 11 stone 6 pounds a pound below my goal weight I've been aiming for 11 St 7Lb for some while.