What food gives you the most stable blood glucose?

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I really need some help.
I do not have much access to my diabetic clinic and I been told there is a waiting list. HOWEVER, I do not want advice on the diabetic clinic situation.
I am looking for information specifically on meals. What meals provide the most stable blood glucose readings?
Im looking for suggestions for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Quick, easy solutions. Food on the go etc.

I am cabin crew so need to buy food that I can eat in the car on the way to the airport or pack in my bag on a flight.
Snacks that are healthy?

Thanks

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
For me, it's definitely the easiest to keep stable on low carb foods, so that's what I usually eat. My BG is much more predictable with small amounts of carbs and small amounts of insulin.

However, it's not the same for everyone, let me tag @In Response , who finds a low carb diet makes dosing correctly harder so he prefers higher carb meals.

So I guess it's finding out what works best for you.

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Google
low gi food and read about it.

These do not rise ur bg fast
and i agree with @Antje77 low carb might do the trick for u

Reactions: Omnipod

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
For me, it is less about what foods but more about learning how and when to bolus for it.
Calculating insulin dose is harder for me with low/no carbs. I decided if I was willing to trial and error protein to carb ratios for every different type of carbs, I would rather invest my efforts on eating what I want and trial and error insulin timing

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, my numbers have been erratic to say the least for a long while, my libre was like a mountain range, I have decided to try going back to very low carb and wow! I’ve halved my levemir, hardly using novo, maybe one to three units per meal or none depending, it’s been a long time since low carbing to this degree so rediscovering food and snacks, yesterday I had my first ever peperami which was very nice, I bought some cheese string but haven’t tried them yet, nuts are always good. I’m hoping I can maintain very low carbing because it’s really very effective for my stability, I’ll post a before and after diet libre below, my simple answer to your question is, for me, very low carb = stable, best of luck.

55304737-8E30-4ADD-9FCB-DD27E9B41125.jpeg
48E16778-B1B8-4131-8368-2732B27FC847.jpeg

46D1CC4A-B7AF-46B4-8A36-56FC4BC6C0A0.jpeg
8B9DE19B-BC67-4064-94A7-466C19F4B874.jpeg

Reactions: Omnipod

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, my numbers have been erratic to say the least for a long while, my libre was like a mountain range, I have decided to try going back to very low carb and wow! I’ve halved my levemir, hardly using novo, maybe one to three units per meal or none depending, it’s been a long time since low carbing to this degree so rediscovering food and snacks, yesterday I had my first ever peperami which was very nice, I bought some cheese string but haven’t tried them yet, nuts are always good. I’m hoping I can maintain very low carbing because it’s really very effective for my stability, I’ll post a before and after diet libre below, my simple answer to your question is, for me, very low carb = stable, best of luck.

View attachment 55222 View attachment 55223
View attachment 55224 View attachment 55225

That looks fantastic. well don.
so what would you have for breakfast , lunch or dinner ?

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
That looks fantastic. well don.
so what would you have for breakfast , lunch or dinner ?
Thanks,

Breakfast nothing
Lunch full fat yogurt, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, walnuts and milled linseed, I have a huge bowl, no regard for portion size, or hot chicken from tesco or sometimes just some nuts
Dinner (tonight) family had home made spaghetti bolognaise, I swopped pasta for roasted cauliflower, or night before, 4 small beef burgers with broccoli mushroom cheese moosh (wife invents stuff)

Several coffees, I carry this plastic bottle with times of the day printed on the side, I try to drink at least 3 liters of water a day

Reactions: Speedbird