What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a lovely colourful salad @shelley262 it looks really good.

Odd breakfast of M&S Honduras prawns which I picked up ( with yellow sticker of course) on return form school run. I was particularly hungry so ate them in the car before heading home.
L- egg mayo in l/c roll then yoghurt, berries and seeds.
D- airfried duck breast with fried mushrooms, yesterday’s leftover cabbage poriyal and cauli cheese.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: salmon fillets with peppercorn sauce, broccoli, runner beans and carrots.

2024-05-14 19.43.03.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Brunch: 3 pork sausages dipped in h/m tomato ketchup
2nd meal: chicken tagine made in one of my new tagines. It really made a difference to the dish - great taste and the hicken was very, very tender. I bought some new harissa paste from Amazon and thought I'd over done it when I added it to the stock but in the end it was perfect.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs smothered with butter and avocado seasoned with black pepper plus a wedge of goat's milk Gouda..
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Wild Alaskan salmon fillets baked with calabrese broccoli, chestnut mushrooms, double cream and lemon verbena.
Steamed French beans and mangetout topped with a knob of butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D Seafood salad using tiger prawns, brown shrimps, rocket, baby plum tomatoes, celery, Romano peppers, cucumber, Halkidiki olives and salad onions, dressed with an olive oil, balsamic and garlic vinaigrette, topped with toasted pecan hslves.
Water to wash down tablets.

SQ21.uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All,

Today...

Fasted: 18 hours...

Brunch 12pm - Carbs 2g / 246 Cals:
Mixed Leaf Salad (75g), 2 Slices of Reduced Salt Back Bacon, 2 Medium Poached Eggs, Cherry Tomatoes (50g)

Dinner 6.30pm - Carbs 22g / 484 Cals:
Triple Pepper Pork Loin (180g), Oriental Vegetable Stir Fry (200g), Cauliflower Florets (150g), Brussel Sprouts (100g), Teriyaki Sauce (10g)

5 Black Coffees and 2 with semi-skimmed milk throughout the day.

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday, travelling
04:30 2 cold sausages
07:30 tuna and Green salad
12 ish a hot chocolate with cream
18:30 aubergine parmigiana, cod baked in tomato. Red wine

Bg leapt from 6 to 9 right from waking and all through airport and flight, even though food was lc.
Only settled about 12 , then shot up. The supposedly sugar free hot chocolate and cream obviously wasn't!
Rest of day back to normal ranges

Today's food so far
Breakfast, plain yoghurt with seeds, 2 slices kiwi fruit. Scrambled egg, cheese, cold runner beans and cold courgette in olive oil.
L: caprese salad (mozzarella, sliced tomato, basil pesto). Drank only water. Did have 3 tastes of hubbys ricotta canolo.

Dinner, not known yet. Restaurant opens late.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All,

Today...

Fasted: 18 hours...

Brunch 12pm - Carbs 2g / 246 Cals:
Mixed Leaf Salad (75g), 2 Slices of Reduced Salt Back Bacon, 2 Medium Poached Eggs, Cherry Tomatoes (50g)

Dinner 6.30pm - Carbs 22g / 484 Cals:
Triple Pepper Pork Loin (180g), Oriental Vegetable Stir Fry (200g), Cauliflower Florets (150g), Brussel Sprouts (100g), Teriyaki Sauce (10g)

5 Black Coffees and 2 with semi-skimmed milk throughout the day.
Hi @SQ21.uk and welcome to this thread for diabetic foodies. We're pleased you could join us.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all, hope everyone has had/is having a good day!

10.30am
3 slices of bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms
Glass kefir

Green tea
Coffee with cream
Sparkling water

Pork puffs

6pm
Another glass of kefir
Beef mince with bacon fat from breakfast, cauliflower florets
Green yogurt with cream

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast hm kefir then two boiled eggs and LC roll
Lunch kimchi some cheese and LC seeded crackers then two strawberries with hm yoghurt
Dinner inspired by @DJC3 who tried it last week I tried out the new chicken kebabs from M and S grills range. It comes with a dressing but I held back on that on my kebab just used the parmesan topping. Served with salad. Unfortunately I didn't find a yellow stickered one so it's a bit pricey at £10 for two but it was tasty and very easy too!
IMG_20240515_161943.jpg

Just had LC brownie with decaffeinated coffee and just about to head out into garden to do my evening walking and podcast listening.

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Tea x 2
Coffee and cream
3/4 of a cheese and mushroom omlette.
Large green salad with tomato and a little carrot and 2 x hard boiled eggs. Two teaspoons of salad cream.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with butter, avocado and four tiger prawns seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Courgetti alla puttanesca made with anchovies, Kalamata olives, capers, canned tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, butter, parsley and spiralised courgettes.
Braised cavolo nero with garlic and toasted almonds.
Steamed asparagus spears topped with a knob of butter.
Skipped pud.
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps and mussels, lettuce, Romano peppers, celery, baby plum tomatoes, Halkidiki olives and salad onions, with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with pecan halves.
Water to swallow tablets.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: cheese and mushroom omelette.

2024-05-15 19.22.01.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you liked the chicken Caesar kebab @shelley262 ,you were good to swerve the dressing, I don’t think it was too carby but I still gave Paul the ‘biggest half’
I just had black coffee this morning, then Aquafit class.
Lunch was bacon, scrambled egg and avocado.
Dinner- sirloin steak with mushrooms, salad dressed with EVOO and ACV and a glass of red
IMG_1715802198.084549.jpg

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday breakfast was homemade pork pattie with fennel and sage and a soft boiled egg on the lovely and soft lc bread I can get here. Full of ingredients I wouldn’t add at home but a treat when we’re here. A few blackberries in chia pudding.
Lunch was griled chicken and Greek salad
Dinner was grilled burger on mixed leaves with Gorgonzola, and some quick “pickled” red cabbage and cucumber.

Todays breakfast has been the same, lunch will probably be sardine on toast with tomato and feta.
Dinner I’m planning on grilling chicken to make fajitas using store bought lc wraps and a small portion of black bean and corn Mexican type salad.
There won’t be much variety in food for the next couple of weeks as we are only here for a few weeks and are trying to buy groceries with a view to having nothing to throw out when we leave. For example, last nights red cabbage was soaked in white vinegar I’d originally bought in the winter trip to clean windows with!

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with butter, avocado and four tiger prawns seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Courgetti alla puttanesca made with anchovies, Kalamata olives, capers, canned tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, butter, parsley and spiralised courgettes.
Braised cavolo nero with garlic and toasted almonds.
Steamed asparagus spears topped with a knob of butter.
Skipped pud.
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps and mussels, lettuce, Romano peppers, celery, baby plum tomatoes, Halkidiki olives and salad onions, with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with pecan halves.
Water to swallow tablets.
How do you cook your spiralized courgettes? Or do you add them raw?

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetend almond milk
Cream cheese (too much)
Porchetta and tomato
Corned Beef and tomato

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Away from Forum for next few days I've put more details on: the parallel thread on this page:
Today
Breakfast hm kefir then fried one slice of bacon, egg and LC bread toasted
Lunch kimchi some cheese and LC seeded crackers then two strawberries and hm yoghurt and a couple of squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner sea bass in lemon butter and asparagus then LC lemon drizzle