What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, chipolatas, mushrooms and a naughty spoonful of baked beans

Lunch: Individual pack of Applewood Smoked Cheddar and about 80g of fresh raspberries

Dinner: Mixed fish - red snapper, barramundi and ..... cod..... all fried in butter with purple sprouting broccoli and managetout from my garden

Two squares of 90%

(Its lovely, I haven't had to buy any veg this week except for aubergines and peppers - all the rest is coming from my garden).

Reactions: mo53 and maglil55

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: Lidl protein roll bacon sandwich

Lunch: No idea - at my MIL's house for lunch

Dinner: Depends on lunch - could be a carvery on the way home from MIL or it could be deli meats, cheeses, taramasalata and salad at home.

Prosecco

My poor Mother in Law can't get her head around what low carbing is all about. She did a lovely salad for lunch yesterday but brought out a huge bowl of Jersey Royal new potatoes (because she remembered I said a while back that I love them) then said I know you can't eat potatoes - but I haven't put any margarine on them so they are okay - aren't they? I had one little one and Mr Chook had a couple but there was still a mountain of them left .... so she said 'I won't eat them so I'll but them in a bag for you to take home.' Lovely woman :)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries and cream
Gardening all morning

L. Corned beef, walnuts and olives.
1 hours swimming.
I succumbed! My weakness was a three cheese bloomer which my partner bought. I haven't eaten bread since last October and I succumbed to two slices!!!

D. Irish stew made with swede instead of potato. Strawberries with Alpro chocolate hazelnut ice cream which I am trying for the first time.

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My poor Mother in Law can't get her head around what low carbing is all about. She did a lovely salad for lunch yesterday but brought out a huge bowl of Jersey Royal new potatoes (because she remembered I said a while back that I love them) then said I know you can't eat potatoes - but I haven't put any margarine on them so they are okay - aren't they? I had one little one and Mr Chook had a couple but there was still a mountain of them left .... so she said 'I won't eat them so I'll but them in a bag for you to take home.' Lovely woman :)
Reminds me of my MIL when We went for dinner. You could tell her that's plenty thank you and she would ask 'do you have enough ?' While continuing to pile food on your plate

Reactions: mo53

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: Toasted and buttered Lidl protein roll with two eggs fried in butter

Lunch: (unplanned - made by Mr C ). Mozzarella pearls, olives, avocado, 3 cherry tomatoes, home grown lettuce, seed sprouts, cucumber and Greek olive oil, about a one inch cube of gorgonzola followed by 4 strawberries

Dinner: Not much - probably just some M&S chicken wings

Two squares of Lindt 90%

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's a chilly damp day and it is causing me quite a lot of muscular pain to the extent I have had to take painkillers. Bed was 6.6 and FBG was also 6.6 pre breakfast 7. I've also had a couple of peaks of 8.8 and 8.4 but it returned to normal levels pretty quickly.
B. Slice Tesco high protein bread with a slice of roast ham and cheese coleslaw. Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
L. Yet another plate of that mushroom room. Still super yummy.
D. Rib eye steak, spinach, Portobello mushroom, 4 cherry tomatoes and a fried egg.

Lindt 90% since It's my 42 wedding anniversary today (child bride ). To be fair Hubby did ask if I wanted to go out but it is so cold and miserable I wanted to stay put.

Reactions: Chook

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
5am: Tea
B: strawberries & Greek yogurt, mushroom omelette
L: 1 slice Tesco high protein bread with roast chicken, 1 scotch egg, Activia vanilla zero yogurt
T: Pork steak, 2 jersey royals, roast Mediterranean veg
Tea, coffee & NAS squash throughout the day

Reactions: Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@maglil55 Happy Anniversary for yesterday.

Monsoon weather here today - and I don't mean the high street clothes shop! At least I won't have to water the garden today.... or tomorrow.... and probably the day after that. Yes, its hammering down THAT hard. :(

Breakfast: Two boiled eggs, buttered Lidl roll cut in to soldiers, black coffee

Lunch: Small avocado, olives and mozzarella pearls and the last of the sprouted seeds I've been growing on my kitchen window sill

Dinner: Lamb chops - if it stops raining long enough I will be getting some chard and mangetout in from the garden - and the first of the courgettes which is small but edible (just). If it doesn't stop raining then probably some frozen veg.

Reactions: heh and maglil55

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. 2 slices Hi-Lo toast with mackerel pate and cucumber
L. Roast broccoli tortilla, 2 small new potatoes, salad of leaves and tomatoes.
Snack. Mixed nuts, far too many! Cherries
D. Homemade feta, courgette and mint fritters, using gram flour and fresh vegetables from the garden with green salad leaves.
Drinks, black tea and coffee, diet lemonade with slices of lemon - very refreshing in hot spell!

Reactions: heh, mo53 and Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dry here today. Bed 5.3 FBG 6.5 and pre breakfast was 7.5. Haven't been above 7.5 today so whatever caused the 2 peaks seems to have gone again.
B. 2 thin Slices rare roast beef with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, boiled egg and helmanns. Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
L. Yes it's another bowl of the homemade mushroom soup. The last litre is off to the freezer.
D. Probably a salad with Turkey breast. That soup is rather filling.

We had that very heavy rain yesterday @Chook but it has settled today.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dry here today. Bed 5.3 FBG 6.5 and pre breakfast was 7.5. Haven't been above 7.5 today so whatever caused the 2 peaks seems to have gone again.
B. 2 thin Slices rare roast beef with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, boiled egg and helmanns. Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
L. Yes it's another bowl of the homemade mushroom soup. The last litre is off to the freezer.

Still raining here.... It hasn't stopped all day. :(

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I eat once a day and as I type this, I'm chomping on a protein only dish of a couple of home made lamb burgers.

Reactions: mo53 and Chook

pms543

Is that the DD mushroom soup, Maglil?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.2 and was still dropping. FBG 6.7 and pre breakfast was 7.2. Feeling a bit better not so achy despite the wet weather.
B. That delicious courgetti cheese sandwich. Tassimo morning coffee with cream
L. Vegetable bouillon
D. Probably salad again as I have cold meat needing used.
And there is no let up with this rain !

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Quiet here, isn't it?? Where is everybody????

Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, chipolatas, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes

Lunch: (In hospital waiting area) I was prepared for a wait this time - four of leftover chipolatas from this morning

Dinner: Roast chicken thighs and re-heated leftover roasted Med. veg from yesterday

Definitely two squares of Lindt 90% - probably as soon as I get home from this depressing waiting area

Reactions: heh and mo53

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You're right @Chook it is pretty quiet. I'm finally back home and going to get started on upstairs.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
Wednesday
B. Raspberries and yoghurt

L. Whitebait. Confit duck with kimchi cabbage and a green salad

D. 2 popadoms. Tandoori king prawn with lettuce. Tandoori special with salad and half a Chappati.

Thursday
B. Raspberries and yoghurt

L. Camambert and walnuts
1 hours swimming.

D. Two salmon fillets with a green salad

Reactions: heh

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello all
B - full fat natural yoghurt with a few nuts and teaspoon of milled linseed, 2 cups green tea
L- nothing
D - chicken curry with lots of veggies, glass red wine
Snack - pork scratchings

Drank water throughout the day

Reactions: heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5am: tea
B: Mixed berries & Greek yogurt, mushroom omelette
L: Corned beef & tomato butty on Kingsmill farmhouse, raspberries & blueberries, Activia zero yogurt
5pm: flat peach
T: Spicy turkey mince & sweet potato with sour cream & mini corn cob
Tea, coffee & NAS squash thoughout the day

Reactions: Chook and mo53