What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

Glass Kefir
3 eggs, 3 slices bacon with some mushrooms

A crispy skin chicken leg
pork crackling

Small bowl beef mince with cheese and dots of tomato paste, cucumber garnish

Greek yogurt with cream

I'll have beef mince with cauliflower for tea.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy caring day today so as out and about I used opportunity to reduce to two meals today.
Breakfast glass of hm kefir then fried one slice of bacon, an egg and one slice of LC bread toasted
Dinner left over roast chicken and one chipolata with kimchi and salad
IMG_20240507_161533.jpg

For pudding had LC Blondie with spoon of hm yoghurt.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 15g cheese and 1 scrambled egg. The eggs were given by a friend who keeps chickens and they are enormous, hence why only 1.

Double dancing
L: cold chicken, Wensleydale cheese, 2 cherry tomatoes. 1 sq hm lc brownie with 1 tablespoon coffee ice cream

Tea with a friend, sat outside!

D: chicken, broccoli and leek cheesy bake
2 glasses white wine. 2 sqs 85% chocolate

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs smothered with butter and avocado seasoned with black pepper plus a wedge of Teifi (pronounced Tavey)
an organic unpasteurised cow's milk cheese from Wales
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Wild Alaskan salmon baked with calabrese broccoli, chestnut mushrooms, double cream and lemon verbena.
Steamed French beans and mangetout with a knob of butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D Seafood salad using tiger prawns, brown shrimps, rocket, baby plum tomatoes, celery, Romano peppers, cucumber, Halkidiki olives, salad onions and flat-leaf parsley dressed with an olive oil, balsamic and garlic vinaigrette, topped with toasted pistachio nuts.
Water to wash down tablets.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No, but because of their reputation from years ago, I thought I'd rename them for those in fear of their reputation. I do like them, though, @LivingLightly.
So do I @IanBish. One of my favourite vegetables. I don't enjoy picking them after a shower though. All the cold rain water runs down your sleeves.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: bolognese with sliced sautéed courgettes With a sprinkle of grated mature cheddar and a spot or two of low sugar ketchup!

2024-05-07 19.28.18.jpeg

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Avocado on toast 1/2 slice sour dough!
2 poached eggs
Cottage Cheese and 2 tomatoes.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely sunny day. I had three meals today:
Breakfast small hm kefir then fried one slice of bacon and egg with one slice of LC toast before heading out to a garden centre.
Lunch small amount of smoked salmon with kimchi then a couple of strawberries with hm yoghurt
Dinner LC pizza and salad
IMG_20240508_164111_kindlephoto-14395028-2.jpg

Pudding LC chocolate brownie.
I always try to walk in the evening after my meal it seems to help my blood sugar levels lower. For months this has been mainly indoors while listening to a podcast but tonight it will definitely be outdoors and include some more gardening too. I love my Bluetooth ear buds for listening to podcasts.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: scrambled eggs on Marmite on LC toast.

2024-05-08 19.25.09.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: full fat greek yoghurt with 8 blackberries and 8 hazelnuts
Cwc
L: walked 40 minutes to pub. Fish platter, smoked salmon, crayfish, prawns, mackerel pate, salad, Marie rose sauce. Gave 90% of the crusty french bread to hubby. Had 1 mouthful of his fishcakes and 3 of his ice cream. Drank only mint tea. 30 minute walk back
D: Mushrooms fried in butter. Added cooked leeks, some ham and a good dollop cream cheese. Added rice to hubby's. 1 glass white wine with soda.
Later scoop coffee ice cream with 1 sq 85% chocolate chopped.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A rump steak today, with fried button mushrooms and some broccoli & cauliflower. I haven't had rump in ages, but I prefer sirloin, I think.

View attachment 67533

Evening @IanBish. Looks delish. I often fill more than half our plates with a medley of baked or steamed vegetables cooked al dente like this.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs, four tiger prawns and asparagus spears smothered with butter, all seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Celebration lunch at a favourite eatery.
Aperitif: gin with ice and lemon.
Avocado and crab with rocket, cherry toms, cucumber, grated carrot and basil. (Skipped the Marie Rose sauce in favour of a simple vinaigrette and a good grinding of black pepper).
Monkfish positano
Steamed carrot batons snd calabrese florets
Spinach with garlic and butter
Deep fried zucchini matchsticks.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.
Espresso.
Acquavite

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps and mussels, lettuce, Romano peppers, celery, baby plum tomatoes, Halkidiki olives and salad onions, with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with pecan halves.
Water to wash down tablets.

philosophy47

Type of diabetes
Type 2
2 glasses water, 1 coffee 1 tea, 1 Chamomile tea.
1/2 slice wholemeal with 1/4 tsp jam.
Watermelon, 5 Prunes the other 1/2 wholemeal with 2 slices garlic sausage for tea. 2 no sugar biscuits. 1 square 90% dark chocolate - last one as I have now given that up after reading about lead and cadmium.