What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Cheese, porchetta and tomato
Cocoa and cream
Beef and stir fry cabbage....coconut oil. Bit mad on the beef.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

10.30 am
Glass kefir
3 fried eggs with mushrooms
sparkling mineral water (I have this all the time and forget to mention it)
coffee with cream

2pm b
Beef mince with cauliflower leftovers
pork crackling

5pm
2 crispy skin chicken legs
Greek yogurt with cream

I might have some pork puffs with chicken liver pate but not very hungry so might not.

Hope everyone is having/has had a good day x

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: scrambled eggs on Marmite on LC toast.

View attachment 67535
Ohh, never thought of adding marmite to it. I have a jar in the pantry, might be dinner now.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Before heading into garden for the day put some beef into slow cooker so that ready for dinner.
Breakfast hm kefir ( the heat is definitely speeding up my kefir!) then fried one slice of bacon, egg and LC toast
Lunch small piece of smoked salmon with spoon of kimchi followed by a couple of strawberries with spoon of hm yoghurt.
Dinner slow cooked beef with green beans followed by LC crumble.
Off back out into garden in a minute. Can't believe how hot the sun is today.

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For my tea this evening I had fried bacon, garden peas, and a few Jersey Royals (sorry).

My BG readings:
- Before: 4.5
- +2 hrs: 5.1 :)

PXL_20240509_171057073.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: chicken satay stir fry, no noodles, just bean sprouts to kid the eye, not that that is needed these days!

2024-05-09 19.01.49.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the info on Red Storm @PenguinMum it sounds right up my street.
@shelley262 what an amazing hol and your food looks delicious. I really hope that orange Lindt bar comes to the UK.
@IanBish I’ll be interested to see how the Jersey Royals affect your BG, are they chilled and reheated?today’s food:
B-2 scrambled eggs
L- Cheese and marmite in l/c seedy bread sandwich. Chocolate chia pudding.
D- A new find for me in M&S (added bonus it had a yellow sticker) Caesar Chicken Breast Kebab. Salad which included leaves from granddaughter’s school polytunnel, they grow all sorts of lovely veg. A low carb lager in the garden and handul of mixed nuts.
IMG_1715280735.381898.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Up early but held back from food as going for annual hba1c at 10.
11 2 scrambled eggs, handful hazelnuts
Dentist's
L : 2 slices cheese on toast using liv life bread. More hazelnuts.
Off to help elderly friends with one in hospital - they were 13 hours in a&e yesterday. Then 12 hours in "assessment" before bed finally found 27 hours after arrival.
I prepared with bottles of water, nut bars and 2 pack pork scratchings in my handbag. Luckily didn't need any as everything seems OK at the moment .

D: 2 slices hm lc soda bread with 3 slices garlic sausage. 2 glasses white wine. Coffee ice cream with 1 sq 85% chocolate chopped over.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Today will be interesting, there is a party at a restaurant owned by traditional fishermen because the place has its 12.5 year anniversary. The owners are friends, and I've worked for them for a while some years back, so I'll see what will be eaten today. May be low carb, maybe not.
That was on sunday, I've been MIA.

All is well, but I really need to make a large pot of something or other before the workweek, or I'll only eat very quick meals and not much veggies.

The party was lovely, and I had lots of grilled mussels and a (very much not low carb but small) pastry thing with cockles and spinach, and a sandwich when I came home at 9 pm.
Didn't make a pic, but I did make pictures of my evening meals during the week, I just didn't get around to posting. And to be honest, they're not my best meals by a long way, but it was food and it was low carb, so here you go:

Monday: LC bread with a fried turkey egg with some kind of sausage and Muenster cheese.
1715282569881.png

Tuesday: A burger, fried onions, a small fried tomato, and broccoli. Raclette cheese on both burger and broccoli.
1715282653952.png

Wednesday: Slice of LC bread with chorizo and a LC cracker with gormas cheese (which is gorgonzola and mascarpone in alternate layers, very tasty).
1715282771995.png

Today: A burger, 3 slices of chorizo, and raclette cheese on LC bread.
1715282890371.png

Good thing I've had some cherry tomatoes and raw chicory with my lunch at work on most days, and chicory with hummus in bed as well, or I might be at risk of scurvy! :jimlad:
I'll make up for the lack of veggies tomorrow: Lidl sold 750 grams of white asparagus for only Є2,50, which I'll have with my neighbour, and I fully expect we'll finish the bag between the two of us. :hungry:

They're rather thin so I'll have lots of peels. I've never made asparagus soup before, but it may be just the thing to make for next week.
So what is your go to asparagus soup recipe, I can use some tips!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the info on Red Storm @PenguinMum it sounds right up my street.
@shelley262 what an amazing hol and your food looks delicious. I really hope that orange Lindt bar comes to the UK.
@IanBish I’ll be interested to see how the Jersey Royals affect your BG, are they chilled and reheated?today’s food:
B-2 scrambled eggs
L- Cheese and marmite in l/c seedy bread sandwich. Chocolate chia pudding.
D- A new find for me in M&S (added bonus it had a yellow sticker) Caesar Chicken Breast Kebab. Salad which included leaves from granddaughter’s school polytunnel, they grow all sorts of lovely veg. A low carb lager in the garden and handul of mixed nuts. View attachment 67565
Gosh that chicken looks good I need to check out that next time in M and S. Lovely to see you back on the forum you've been missed.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry but no it isn't the German one is 100% cocoa and very low carb similar to the Montezuma bar which is 100% with orange oil.
That's fine - I don't have to feel guilty about buying the five bars for Alistair in case it was depriving any of you guys. Em tells me she much prefers dark chocolate to milk choc, so he may well share them with her. I did try her with Montezuma's 100% but that was too much for her taste.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That was on sunday, I've been MIA.

All is well, but I really need to make a large pot of something or other before the workweek, or I'll only eat very quick meals and not much veggies.

The party was lovely, and I had lots of grilled mussels and a (very much not low carb but small) pastry thing with cockles and spinach, and a sandwich when I came home at 9 pm.
Didn't make a pic, but I did make pictures of my evening meals during the week, I just didn't get around to posting. And to be honest, they're not my best meals by a long way, but it was food and it was low carb, so here you go:

Monday: LC bread with a fried turkey egg with some kind of sausage and Muenster cheese.
View attachment 67568

Tuesday: A burger, fried onions, a small fried tomato, and broccoli. Raclette cheese on both burger and broccoli.
View attachment 67569

Wednesday: Slice of LC bread with chorizo and a LC cracker with gormas cheese (which is gorgonzola and mascarpone in alternate layers, very tasty).
View attachment 67570

Today: A burger, 3 slices of chorizo, and raclette cheese on LC bread.
View attachment 67571

Good thing I've had some cherry tomatoes and raw chicory with my lunch at work on most days, and chicory with hummus in bed as well, or I might be at risk of scurvy! :jimlad:
I'll make up for the lack of veggies tomorrow: Lidl sold 750 grams of white asparagus for only Є2,50, which I'll have with my neighbour, and I fully expect we'll finish the bag between the two of us. :hungry:

They're rather thin so I'll have lots of peels. I've never made asparagus soup before, but it may be just the thing to make for next week.
So what is your go to asparagus soup recipe, I can use some tips!
I don't use recipes for soup I have hm chicken stock in my freezer for soup ( my chicken bones slow cooked with a few herbs often for 14 hours and then strained) which I add veggies to including asparagus if available and cook in slow cooker. A short cut would be to use some instant veggie stock. As asparagus is very fibrous especially if using the ends or peels I would definitely use my stick blender to whizz it and as I do with celery soup - I'd finish it with some cream.