What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charbossy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you, I may have to play around with my basals and ratios but I am lucky enough to have a Dexcom cgm so will be prepared for those pesky hypos. I have been told not to exercise if my blood sugar is over 13mmol because I seem to develop ketones pretty easily. That is another thing that may confuse me a bit, I will not know the difference between diet ketones from low carb, or the bad type of ketones from lack of insulin/sickness. I used to love low carbing before my diagnosis as I never felt hungry, but I do get sick of eggs hehe.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Waking BG - 6.1

Breakfast: scrambled egg with ham and cheese
Didn't check BG as I know I'm ok with eggs

Lunch: home made flax seed bread with cheese and salad
BG before - 5.3
BG 2 hrs after - 5.2

Dinner: Lamb with mushroom stir fry and kale
BG before - 5.3
BG after - not tested yet (will update later)

Bit calorific at 1800 cals so need to make sure I don't eat like that every day!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you, I may have to play around with my basals and ratios but I am lucky enough to have a Dexcom cgm so will be prepared for those pesky hypos. I have been told not to exercise if my blood sugar is over 13mmol because I seem to develop ketones pretty easily. That is another thing that may confuse me a bit, I will not know the difference between diet ketones from low carb, or the bad type of ketones from lack of insulin/sickness. I used to love low carbing before my diagnosis as I never felt hungry, but I do get sick of eggs hehe.
They are only bad ketones if your BGs are over 16 (which shouldn't be happening if your are low carbing ;) )

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bacon mushroom omelette
Lunch 1oz cheese , small necatrine
Dinner chicken, chorizo and chickpea stew, green beans

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Weight Watchers Fromage Frais

Lunch: One slice of wholemeal bread toasted with a poached egg on top

Dinner: One Piri Piri Chicken breast with onions and peppers with a salad with garlic and herb dressing and one boiled new potato.

Snack: Frozen mixed berries

Y3MBailey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Blood - 5.6
Breakfast - A bowl of All Bran with Milk
Blood before lunch - 6.9
Lunch - Thai Chicken Soup with a sandwich thin for dunking.
Blood about 4ish - 3.1 (ate a maryland cookie)
Blood about 4.30ish - 5.1
Dinner - PiriPiri chicken with onion and peppers (snap marie) but we had a wrap instead.
Blood just now - 6.7
Food as I type - Some blueberries

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Blood - 5.6
Breakfast - A bowl of All Bran with Milk
Blood before lunch - 6.9
Lunch - Thai Chicken Soup with a sandwich thin for dunking.
Blood about 4ish - 3.1 (ate a maryland cookie)
Blood about 4.30ish - 5.1
Dinner - PiriPiri chicken with onion and peppers (snap marie) but we had a wrap instead.
Blood just now - 6.7
Food as I type - Some blueberries
lol same as me! Piri Piri chicken! I had blueberries with my frozen fruit as well.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had this tonight @lovinglife , cauli bhajee was delicious. I marinated a pork steak as had no chicken and it was lovely. Thanks for the recipe. x
Glad you liked it :), never tried it with pork but sounds nice, have done it with lamb and that's good too, fish is nice but it has to be firm like cod or salmon and of course king prawns yummy

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you liked it :), never tried it with pork but sounds nice, have done it with lamb and that's good too, fish is nice but it has to be firm like cod or salmon and of course king prawns yummy
where is the recipe?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a can't be bothered day.

Breakfast bacon, scrambled egg
lunch none
Snack half a small slice of flaxseed bread( very easy to make but not so keen on taste) 12g cheese portion, green tea
Dinner bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomato, 1 red onion quorn burger that needed eating. Slice flaxseed bread toasted. Ok but I think next time I'll use almond flour as well as flaxseed as very dense and bit bitter.

B

badcat

I'm still on a juice fest and blood sugars are still defying expectations and remaining low

Today has been
B- Beetroot,apple,kale,cucumber,pepper,ginger,pear,romaine lettuce, pomegranete and courgette juice
L - another glass of juice with an egg salad
Mid afternoon - skimmed milk latte, 1 square 85% dark choc
D- 2 slices flaxseed bread with tahini and salad
Fasting BM - 5.6
Pre dinner BM - 5.1

Reactions: 2 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Breakfast - scrambled egg
Snack - Babybel
Lunch - Burgen bread with bacon and brie
Dinner - Chicken and mushroom stir fry

Not a right lot of fruit and veg but I was getting a bit fed up of salad. To be honest though, I think I preferred the salad!

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bf allbran, ss milk and a boiked egg.
lunch. Chicken salad.
Dinner. Chilli with courgette spaghetti.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Breakfast: cheese and spring onion omelette

Lunch: savoury muffin, fennel tea

Dinner: 2 Quorn sausages, cheesy cauliflower mash, ketchup

Snack: low carb ginger muffin, creamy decaf

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Had a higher carb day yesterday, which created an interesting BG spike, but I was delighted by how quickly I felt better after, and how I didn't get carb cravings or the other carb OD symptoms. Very pleased. My whole body has so much more resilience on LC.

Anyway, today, back to the straight and narrow, and taking a leaf out of @modesty007 's book

Brekkie: 450mls bulletproof coffee

11 am: another 450mls

Lunch: pork scratchings

Evening: pulled pork, no sauce, stir fried green beans and broccoli sprouts bits, then strawberries and cream

Interesting day at work too. A colleague came back from 2 weeks hol, and said how awful the atmosphere was, and how stressful and higgledy-piggledy the workload/pressures were. I told her it had been like this for 2 weeks. She stared at me and said 'and you're still here? Good grief!'

So it hasn't all been in my imagination.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Had a higher carb day yesterday, which created an interesting BG spike, but I was delighted by how quickly I felt better after, and how I didn't get carb cravings or the other carb OD symptoms. Very pleased. My whole body has so much more resilience on LC.

Anyway, today, back to the straight and narrow, and taking a leaf out of @modesty007 's book

Brekkie: 450mls bulletproof coffee

11 am: another 450mls

Lunch: pork scratchings

Evening: pulled pork, no sauce, stir fried green beans and broccoli sprouts bits, then strawberries and cream

Interesting day at work too. A colleague came back from 2 weeks hol, and said how awful the atmosphere was, and how stressful and higgledy-piggledy the workload/pressures were. I told her it had been like this for 2 weeks. She stared at me and said 'and you're still here? Good grief!'

So it hasn't all been in my imagination.

Did you make your own pulled pork B? I had The Incredible Spice Men's version tonight. I cooked it in the slow cooker, rather than the oven.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you make your own pulled pork B? I had The Incredible Spice Men's version tonight. I cooked it in the slow cooker, rather than the oven.

Sadly no. We've been buying the tescos special offer, then I eat it without the sweet barbecue sauce sachet.

I keep meaning to make my own. Stews, slow cooked joints and melting fall-off-the-bone succulence are far and away my favourite meals. I love lamb like that, with rosemary and red wine, or a whole chicken melted down with lemon and garlic. Pork with prunes and cream (delish with red cabbage, apple and vinegar).

Oops, I seem to be having a salivatory foodie moment...

I will look up the Spice Mens version. :wacky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.