Type 2 What makes a good substitute for crackers for cheese... I crave the crunch

chevy57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It would be great to have bread Fruitella, I thought it was of the menu for good but 8 grams a slice isn't bad. Thank you for your advice, I need all the help I can get

Begonia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have Atkins crispbreAds. They are 1.8g carbs each and taste ok.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They sound lovely, cheese and piccalilli is also a favourite of mine, or at least it was. I thought the shop bought crackers would be high in carbs and the piccalilli high in sugar, I will have to look at the labels . I would also prefer not to bake but if I have to I will. Do those crackers raise your BG ?
I haven't actually tested after them but I know quite a few here have them so they must find them ok

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It would be great to have bread Fruitella, I thought it was of the menu for good but 8 grams a slice isn't bad. Thank you for your advice, I need all the help I can get
A lot here have Burgen Soya and Linseed bread as it is low carb also Lidl protein rolls are very popular here

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ok, own up! Who's bought all the almond flour? I can't get any for love nor money in my town! So much for baking my own crackers.......

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried baking the cheese as crackers? There are all sorts of recipes to do this on line. It is really easy and works quite well. Whether it is sliced or shredded cheese, it works. Just an idea. Good luck.
I tried this with some Dutch cheese slices which worked great A couple at a time are enough for me they are very rich