What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Finally uploads to the CLOUD were completed around 3:15 in the early hours this morning...

Phew!

I had a quick look and one caught my eye. I don't know who took it, no smart phones then...it was around 2002 possibly when they took it. Not very good quality. It is of me & J. I don't mind posting it because you are not going to recognise me from this. As you can see, I wore colourful clothes then. And colourful hats. I never saw this photograph until 2015 six years after J died, when they posted it on Facebook. My little Hearing dog for the Deaf, Meg, was about one years old then. I'll put it as an insert if you want to look at it.

Wildlife camera
Three Badgers & Cats...
52sec

Creative is some celandines...In SketchClubApp...
Plenty of bright yellow in my garden at the moment ...

Time for a wee nap!
But a cuppa first...

Have a good day! IMG_6364.jpeg

IMG_6365.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Finally uploads to the CLOUD were completed around 3:15 in the early hours this morning...

Phew!

I had a quick look and one caught my eye. I don't know who took it, no smart phones then...it was around 2002 possibly when they took it. Not very good quality. It is of me & J. I don't mind posting it because you are not going to recognise me from this. As you can see, I wore colourful clothes then. And colourful hats. I never saw this photograph until 2015 six years after J died, when they posted it on Facebook. My little Hearing dog for the Deaf, Meg, was about one years old then. I'll put it as an insert if you want to look at it.

Wildlife camera
Three Badgers & Cats...
52sec

Time for a wee nap!
But a cuppa first...

Have a good day!View attachment 66749

View attachment 66750
Thank you for sharing the wonderful creative and for feeling confident/comfortable enough to share the photo which must be tinged with both happy and slightly sad memories. You've had some tough times so it speaks volumes abut your generosity of spirit, your love that you still share your art, thoughts, memories and videos despite trolls and other obstacles. Peace be with you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for sharing the wonderful creative and for feeling confident/comfortable enough to share the photo which must be tinged with both happy and slightly sad memories. You've had some tough times so it speaks volumes abut your generosity of spirit, your love that you still share your art, thoughts, memories and videos despite trolls and other obstacles. Peace be with you.
Thank you very much for your lovely words Ian.
I appreciate them.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 this morning.
Had to go back to QMC yesterday for an appointment at the Anti Coagulation clinic but in future will be able to do it at Kingsmill and then y GP’s surgery. Still trying to catch up.
Good fbg after all the stress lately and excellent news that your tests can be done close to home in future.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Phew!

Wildlife camera
Three Badgers & Cats...
52sec

Time for a wee nap!
But a cuppa first...

Have a good day!View attachment 66749

View attachment 66750
Lovely wee pic .

Nearly didn't spot the little dog.

Thank you for sharing.

I'd 2nd all @ianpspurs says in his post .

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone on what just may be a rain free day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.6 this am and the Beef stew hardly made a murmur. Took one of Mrs Miggins’ brothers out to lunch yesterday. He has difficulty walking and doesn’t get out much during the week as both his daughters are at work and only get over to see him at weekends. We may need to make this more of a regular thing. Art bit, another see what you can make of it thing. Hope your Friday is kind - I have tucked mine onto the weekend and will now go and make koffy - Bon weekend everyone!

View attachment 66747
Another winner there.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely wee pic .

Nearly didn't spot the little dog.

Thank you for sharing.

I'd 2nd all @ianpspurs says in his post .
Thank you so much @jjraak
Meg was so tiny when she was young, people thought she was a Chihuahua. She was actually a mix of Chihuahua and Jack Russell. A heck of a mix temperament wise...

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
BG at 0310 was 6.5. Up to 7.4 after a cup of tea.

Early breakfast and, with any luck, it should be enough for the day.

Got through to the container people. They are sending out an invoice today and expect to deliver on Tuesday. I think the charity shop left their phone "off the hook" because it was engaged every time I called. Need to get Neil to go in next time in town. The alternative is just to leave it outside in the weather, which would be a pity because it is a good leather 3 piece suite and there is only one charity shop in Stornoway that takes furniture.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here are some extracts from longer poems which I have found very useful over the years. They have been very useful to me this week but in the spirit of you do you I accept your reaction may be to ask me to go forth and multiply. I hope the link works for you should you wish to read/listen to them. The little essays in the anthology are, imho, excellent but I'm biased as the author is a fellow of a Cambridge college. His videos suggest he may have rather enjoyed the surroundings and social side of Girton College life both as a student, chaplain and fellow - and why not (see attached)? I've dined there but not had the pleasure of trying their cellar.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 12.30.24.png

Here's a potential job opportunity. Would possibly suit an honest, blunt speaking person with exquisite taste from humble northern stock as part of our inclusivity team :angelic:
1710506255555.png

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. This week have upped the berries and re-introduced tomatoes - so I am really happy that my numbers are still in the 5s.
Adding back tomatoes and berries has really upped my enjoyment of food.

Busy day so far. Walked to our Vet first thing for Poppy's annual injection. Then on to the Podiatrist and then some shopping. Even managed to do some admin.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Not only does diabetes require a bit of mental acrobatics to manage it, but so, it seems, does arthritis. At least, I think this afternoon's event was arthritis related. Em and Neil were in the kitchen and I had gone into the hall, looking for title deeds for the house Alistair lives in when suddenly first one, then the other leg developed really severe pain in the side of my knees. I almost fell as they both threatened to stop holding me up. I was stuck, unable to move so had to call for help. Neil came to hold me up and Em brought my zimmer frame (I had been using sticks due to reduced space with all the stuff waiting to go out into the container). Between them they nursed me back to my chair in the kitchen. I was lucky not to be on my own. If I had been, I would have fallen and would just have had to stay there until someone came in to pick me up. Really made me feel vulnerable. If I had fallen there was a lot of stuff there to do me some damage if I had gone down. All's well that ends well - the pain has subsided and I can stand up under my own steam again. Gives one to think though. :joyful:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Breathing, closing your eyes and listening to your breathing is a great exercise. Mushin no shin, or ‘no mind’ is a great way to relax and meditate. I try and practice with all tasks - cooking, cleaning, walking - just every day things - and also in my art which is really just for me. This may be useful and you could investigate more if you fancy.
Japanese hippies?

I have heard of a similar methods of meditation. And have been advised to try, to use and find a way to suit me.
which I am doing.

The thing is I have never heard of a Scouse method.
There has to be one.
If there is a Scouse way of doing something, for example, borrowing stuff.
I will discover it, or invent one!
I will ask a local hippy, if I can get last the smoke!
Good morning everyone on what just may be a rain free day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.6 this am and the Beef stew hardly made a murmur. Took one of Mrs Miggins’ brothers out to lunch yesterday. He has difficulty walking and doesn’t get out much during the week as both his daughters are at work and only get over to see him at weekends. We may need to make this more of a regular thing. Art bit, another see what you can make of it thing. Hope your Friday is kind - I have tucked mine onto the weekend and will now go and make koffy - Bon weekend everyone!

View attachment 66747
Just splendid fusion of tones and hues.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Here are some extracts from longer poems which I have found very useful over the years. They have been very useful to me this week but in the spirit of you do you I accept your reaction may be to ask me to go forth and multiply. I hope the link works for you should you wish to read/listen to them. The little essays in the anthology are, imho, excellent but I'm biased as the author is a fellow of a Cambridge college. His videos suggest he may have rather enjoyed the surroundings and social side of Girton College life both as a student, chaplain and fellow - and why not (see attached)? I've dined there but not had the pleasure of trying their cellar.

View attachment 66756

Here's a potential job opportunity. Would possibly suit an honest, blunt speaking person with exquisite taste from humble northern stock as part of our inclusivity team :angelic:
View attachment 66757
I know quite a few of my kith and kin, friends, colleagues and acquaintances would really like that job for a day or what is known as a binge.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not only does diabetes require a bit of mental acrobatics to manage it, but so, it seems, does arthritis. At least, I think this afternoon's event was arthritis related. Em and Neil were in the kitchen and I had gone into the hall, looking for title deeds for the house Alistair lives in when suddenly first one, then the other leg developed really severe pain in the side of my knees. I almost fell as they both threatened to stop holding me up. I was stuck, unable to move so had to call for help. Neil came to hold me up and Em brought my zimmer frame (I had been using sticks due to reduced space with all the stuff waiting to go out into the container). Between them they nursed me back to my chair in the kitchen. I was lucky not to be on my own. If I had been, I would have fallen and would just have had to stay there until someone came in to pick me up. Really made me feel vulnerable. If I had fallen there was a lot of stuff there to do me some damage if I had gone down. All's well that ends well - the pain has subsided and I can stand up under my own steam again. Gives one to think though. :joyful:
I'm a little bit luckier with my arthritis, mine is in my hands and neck, though the cold makes it painful and I have to keep moving and exercising as well as my chores.
My legs are fine, maybe all the time I spent on my feet in work or on the sports pitches.
Rest and exercising is the usual stuff of advice. But you know how you go, it is individual
My empathys, my sympathys, my wishes for comfort for you.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
7.0 cos it's Friday.
red nose day.
well mine is running.
more rain, more wind, more cold.
where is the spring, bulbs still hiding, daffs, bluebells nowhere near coming out. Late or what?

A quiet day except #8 came around and caused havoc.
just no stopping him.
it took me a while to get my breath back.

gotta go, haddock, cos it Friday?
whatevs guys.

my best wishes to you all as always!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a little bit luckier with my arthritis, mine is in my hands and neck, though the cold makes it painful and I have to keep moving and exercising as well as my chores.
My legs are fine, maybe all the time I spent on my feet in work or on the sports pitches.
Rest and exercising is the usual stuff of advice. But you know how you go, it is individual
My empathys, my sympathys, my wishes for comfort for you.
Thank you @Lamont D. In my case it's from top to bottom - neck. shoulders. arms. hands, hips, back, knees and ankles. I spend a lot of time sitting down, but have to keep getting up and doing little jobs around the house. Better than sitting still all the time. Excess weight doesn't help. Never thought I would get to this stage but who knows where this is going? It could be worse ... and probably will be. Just grateful that so far, it isn't.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you @Lamont D. In my case it's from top to bottom - neck. shoulders. arms. hands, hips, back, knees and ankles. I spend a lot of time sitting down, but have to keep getting up and doing little jobs around the house. Better than sitting still all the time. Excess weight doesn't help. Never thought I would get to this stage but who knows where this is going? It could be worse ... and probably will be. Just grateful that so far, it isn't.
you would think, that because we have been diagnosed with arthritis and the cold and damp affects it so much.
that the good people in the world would allow us to spend six months in the winter time in sunnier climates, somewhere not as good as Bali, but maybe Bondi beach. That would be good for our health in so many ways.
Then be back for the cricket season.
However, if that happened, those with seasonal adjustment disease would kick up a fuss!

I know it sounds as if I'm after sympathy, but, I'm not, well, maybe a little.
but I too have to get up and sit down to rest and get up to ease the small aches, my restless legs syndrome, though a result of the breakdown I had, my anxiety, my nervous system over stressing, my feet are never still. But I still have to get up. It is a thing that I don't notice much but I have so much energy to get rid of, due to low carbing and the build up in my muscles, I just have to get up!
Have a nice weekend.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A bitter day today

My nephew who I posted about earlier, died early yesterday morning .

Hug those you love a little closer.
Tell those you love, you love them.

Tomorrow is not a given, for any of us .

RiP little brother.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
A bitter day today

RiP little brother.

So sorry to hear of your loss@jjraak.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A bitter day today

RiP little brother.

I am so sorry @jjraak . Such sad news.