What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Peace be with you all this St Patrick's Day. Did he actually exist if there are no selfies? I can't even find his blog or social page which gives one pause, eh what? Does a tree falling in a forest really make a noise if no one hears? What is the sound of one hand clapping? We'll be back to answer these and more of your questions after this message from our sponsors. Hosing down outside here, how you doin? @gennepher thank you for sharing what is unquestionably a collie dog. If I'm honest I can't read the look in the eyes but I'll work on my emotional IQ or just become an MP: a tad tricky round here for anyone left of Genghis Khan. More tea beckons and later some roast pork - shoulder obviously and must be plenty of crackling - and perhaps some Irish whiskey because if not now when? I'm assuming some here, or their spouses, may join me so sláinte is táinte. You do you today but do others the courtesy of allowing them to do them please. I think that is what love thy neighbour as thyself translates as for Gen Z - Gen Beta next up from Jan 1 2025.
Thanks for that rambling report on micks day.
according to non wokes, paddy is not appropriate.
I will not be venturing to the wine lodge today.

6.8 this excuse of a day to get hammered.

have done yesterday's chores and today's as well.
spent a good hour in the garden around lunchtime, weeding, tidying up, was going to mow, but it is so wet.
had to dodge bits of showers and the temperature got above 10degrees for the first time for yonks.
why are the weather forecast highs not anywhere realistic. Suppose to be 14. Ha!
And it will rain again.
as you know I was a sports coach, and I can't remember, if ever, the footie pitches being unplayable in late march. Usually, as the clocks go forward, the midweek games get played. I know the council have extended the league into May. Too much at one time!
but that just shows how wet it has been.

Gotta go, #7 & #8 have arrived as daddy wants to watch the footie.
Happy days.

My best wishes to you all as always!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well, that was fun!
#8 went on a bit of a rampage.
Even the visigoths, and the berserkers, never mind the Viking raiders.
#8 was unstoppable.
How our house survived, never mind myself & Mrs L, and it was mayhem.
No football watched.
That sounds horrible. And I have told you a million times I do not exaggerate.
I may have gone overboard a tad.
He is a force to be reckoned with!
I'm knackered.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I'll be in bed.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well, that was fun!
#8 went on a bit of a rampage.
Even the visigoths, and the berserkers, never mind the Viking raiders.
#8 was unstoppable.
How our house survived, never mind myself & Mrs L, and it was mayhem.
No football watched.
That sounds horrible. And I have told you a million times I do not exaggerate.
I may have gone overboard a tad.
He is a force to be reckoned with!
I'm knackered.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I'll be in bed.

Good night sleep well.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Blue skies with wispy clouds... will it stay like that today...

A new week beckons...

Wildlife nighttime camera.
Badgers and Foxes
1min

Creative is two people in a queue waiting for shop to open...sketched In SketchClubApp, and I am sitting nice and comfy and warm in my car....

Have your best day...I need more tea.

Oh, and that photo with the stocks and me & J, it was only 23kb, the person who took it sent me a copy from her computer (fortunately for her I could exactly date it and she found it in seconds!!! It was marginally better 24kb!!!)) on a very early mobile phone which took rubbish photos, but that was all there was back then, 2002. I remember going to buy one and when they showed me the quality of the photos, and I told them to forget it, and I stuck with my little Fuji camera for the next 14 years!

Untitled.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Blue skies with wispy clouds... will it stay like that today...

A new week beckons...

Wildlife nighttime camera.
Badgers and Foxes
1min

Creative is two people in a queue waiting for shop to open...sketched In SketchClubApp, and I am sitting nice and comfy and warm in my car....

Have your best day...I need more tea.

Oh, and that photo with the stocks and me & J, it was only 23kb, the person who took it sent me a copy from her computer (fortunately for her I could exactly date it and she found it in seconds!!! It was marginally better 24kb!!!)) on a very early mobile phone which took rubbish photos, but that was all there was back then, 2002. I remember going to buy one and when they showed me the quality of the photos, and I told them to forget it, and I stuck with my little Fuji camera for the next 14 years!

View attachment 66788
23 or 24kb or not, the photo was easy to see. I like your sketches - great illustrations for a number of uses.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on an all things bright and beautiful start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north with temperatures forecast to reach a scorching 7º - bathers and deck chairs at the ready P.O.S.H. - don’t obscure the sun with big lumps of ship by getting mean with the tickets. Catch up lunch yesterday with a few biker friends and their spouses - can you sit in a pub for Sunday lunch all afternoon? Yes you can. Video chat with the Ninky Nonks who wanted to show us their birthday gifts - they had such a happy day. Is it the height of fashion to wear matching posh frocks over clashing leggings with a shared pair of odd, loud Pippa Longstockings knee length socks on top of those? I seems so! Art bit - couple of lines with a dip pen and ink - spray of water - done in a frisson. Hope your Monday is a pleasant day. I do now need some koffy.

1710748920569.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on what looks but doesn't quite yet feel like a spring morning here in Little America. If the wind doesn't go right through you one requires more layers than a thriving poultry business. I have no idea how Passion Sunday impacted my bg or today's fbg though I analysed everything. JKP cooked the pork and I carved, very much a joint effort. @dunelm thanks for sharing the art. The meet up and birthday video call both sound splendid. @gennepher thanks for sharing the sketch. @Krystyna23040 congratulations to the diary secretary on a job well done. Time fo ar fresh pot of tea, some steps, babybels and meds. Perhaps not living the dream though so much more blessed than many. Unlike Maslow's model God's grace isn't hierarchical nor is it earned - wouldn't be grace otherwise. Have a cheery ditty and at least a decent day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on an all things bright and beautiful start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north with temperatures forecast to reach a scorching 7º - bathers and deck chairs at the ready P.O.S.H. - don’t obscure the sun with big lumps of ship by getting mean with the tickets. Catch up lunch yesterday with a few biker friends and their spouses - can you sit in a pub for Sunday lunch all afternoon? Yes you can. Video chat with the Ninky Nonks who wanted to show us their birthday gifts - they had such a happy day. Is it the height of fashion to wear matching posh frocks over clashing leggings with a shared pair of odd, loud Pippa Longstockings knee length socks on top of those? I seems so! Art bit - couple of lines with a dip pen and ink - spray of water - done in a frisson. Hope your Monday is a pleasant day. I do now need some koffy.

View attachment 66789
Brilliant art bit @dunelm
I love the way you can do these...

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.4 at 03:45 today. 5.9 last night (24:50). Don't know what happened yesterday. Took my basal dose as usual (forgot to take my pills, other than painkillers) and the normal bolus dose to cover the breakfast and BG dropped down to 3.3 very rapidly. Had to keep eating carby things to counteract the falling BG all day. Most of the day it was in the low 4's and kept dropping far enough for my Libre to keep warning me of impending doom. Eventually, in the evening had a low carb meal but no insulin and it remained in the 5's until bedtime and through the night. Had breakfast earlier - low carb again and it is hovering in the 5's (no insulin other than basal).

I got up at 03.30 because I couldn't breathe and my heart was pounding.I was very shaky and hot and I suspected a hypo, but no - 5.4 so it couldn't be that. Checked oxygen sat - 89% which accounts for the breathlessness, pulse 152! No wonder I was feeling odd. Had a cup of tea and just sat waiting for an improvement, which did happen. Now oxyen up to 95% and pulse in the high 80's. Don't know why that is. May have something to do with the new leg pains of the last 3 days, or may not. Who knows? When I last spoke to a GP about this, he wasn't interested and didn't quite say I was imagining it, but it was clear what he thought. It could be construed as a panic attack, but the last time that was suggested (years ago now) another doctor said that I was the most laid-back patient he had seen and doubted a panic attack (the only thing that makes me panic is spiders, as has been discussed in the past). Turned out the problem was undiagnosed diabetes. I've had similar reactions from doctors since I was a teenager and it has always turned out to be something real (first time was appendicitis and resulted in a wrangle between my own doctor, who knew it was my appendix and the consultant at the hospital who thought it was my nerves because I was about to sit O levels.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on what looks but doesn't quite yet feel like a spring morning here in Little America. If the wind doesn't go right through you one requires more layers than a thriving poultry business. I have no idea how Passion Sunday impacted my bg or today's fbg though I analysed everything. JKP cooked the pork and I carved, very much a joint effort. @dunelm thanks for sharing the art. The meet up and birthday video call both sound splendid. @gennepher thanks for sharing the sketch. @Krystyna23040 congratulations to the diary secretary on a job well done. Time fo ar fresh pot of tea, some steps, babybels and meds. Perhaps not living the dream though so much more blessed than many. Unlike Maslow's model God's grace isn't hierarchical nor is it earned - wouldn't be grace otherwise. Have a cheery ditty and at least a decent day.
Thank you @ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fascinating how nothing much changes in the circles of power. Today in 978 Edward the Martyr was murdered in a ;power struggle - slightly odd reason for a feast - while in the here and now the media are in a lather over a possible plot to replace Rishi. If we're honest there has been a long an unsubtle campaign suggesting missing Charles and installing William.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fascinating how nothing much changes in the circles of power. Today in 978 Edward the Martyr was murdered in a ;power struggle - slightly odd reason for a feast - while in the here and now the media are in a lather over a possible plot to replace Rishi. If we're honest there has been a long an unsubtle campaign suggesting missing Charles and installing William.
Twitter abounds with Charlie's demise ...just saying

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Twitter abounds with Charlie's demise ...just saying
The media campaign is, imho, more to do with cheating on Diana and dislike of Camilla for not shifting as many copies. Kate seems to have turned them against her somewhat with #photogate - oh, and not releasing her medical records. @JohnEGreen hug for Edward the Passion Bearer. Seems to probably have been all part of the nobles wanting their land back after his dad forced them to sell to the monasteries at knockdown prices. Stepmother implicated.
"Edward was treasonably slain by his own family... it is reported that his stepmother, that is the mother of King Ethelred, stabbed him with a dagger while she was in the act of offering him a cup to drink." Interesting family gatherings there John. Probably best to avoid invites from relatives in Dorset.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-18 13.44.12.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-18 13.44.12.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited: