What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a damp and overcast start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 6.1 this am. Never mind. Yesterday was like being in The Navy Lark, hands to the decks, mops pressure washer to swab decking. Then oven cleaning - very tiring - spray, wait…wait…wait…wait - wipe, done. Phew, all that waiting - finger tapping, practicing my morse, not used so much nowadays but I keep up the skill, just in case. Today - a day of unknowns - take it as it comes. Best get a walk in this morning. Art bit - still using up surplus ink. No idea how these things will turn out. Must get back to some different art one day but the future is unknown - a bit like truth - best just not to tell untruths. What am I saying? I must really need some koffy. Hope your day is includes a smile and a laugh.

1711527459171.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a damp and overcast start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 6.1 this am. Never mind. Yesterday was like being in The Navy Lark, hands to the decks, mops pressure washer to swab decking. Then oven cleaning - very tiring - spray, wait…wait…wait…wait - wipe, done. Phew, all that waiting - finger tapping, practicing my morse, not used so much nowadays but I keep up the skill, just in case. Today - a day of unknowns - take it as it comes. Best get a walk in this morning. Art bit - still using up surplus ink. No idea how these things will turn out. Must get back to some different art one day but the future is unknown - a bit like truth - best just not to tell untruths. What am I saying? I must really need some koffy. Hope your day is includes a smile and a laugh.

View attachment 66921
So many ghost shadows, cliffs, walls with doors and windows behind the skyscrapers...
Coffee sounds good @dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning. Had a brilliant day yesterday.
Did loads of shredding and sorting through stuff.

Today, so far, we have walked Poppy and then done a huge Aldi shop.

My Nespresso order is arriving today. Had a problem ordering it as I was locked out of my account on my PC. Then I found that my phone, tablet and Mr K 's PC all were happy to log into my account.

Phoned my tech people and they couldn't work out why either. The technician spent over an hour trying to sort it - to no avail. I think he was really enjoying having something really puzzling to work on.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all on Wednesday here in not really the Brecks nor Fens but definitely an Americanised enclave. In Monday's biting wind our neighbours managed to light and use their - not gas as there was a strong smell of fuel/fire lighters - BBQ although they appeared to eat inside (I was doing my steps not prying) . @Cumberland good to have you here again. @dunelm thanks for sharing the art. @JohnEGreen driving again must feel like good progress. @Annb good news on the container even if it means more work. The upside of last weekend's work here meant no container was needed. A slightly surreal experience last evening watching Wales play football without the Welsh TV commentary but listening to the English one on BBC radio - about 20-30 second delay which is an odd experience. @Annb and @Krystyna23040 you are too, too kind dear ladies. I'm touched and not just as implied by the (unacceptable) usage from my childhood Enjoy your day or at the very least parts thereof.

Last edited:

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from California!
Happy Humpday morning!
4.33 mmol/L 78 mg/dL. Strange weather, cold and more rain ️ After restaurant party food FBG generally stays up for a few days or some time more. Restaurant food is made delicious so you eat more.
Glad I am back on track with my expected range!
Because I have all my data and I know what can raise my BG. Have a nice day everyone!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

It looks like that darn badger went bananas in the night. Midnight who was asleep on my chest in the early hours suddenly woke up alarmed and leapt to the window. His wide eyes looked at me, who was also awake by now. And then he charged out of the bedroom like a bullet.

The badger was yanking the cloths off the swing. More precisely tugging and tugging at the cushions. And pulling the jumpers that cover the cushions on to the wet ground. They are tied on with rope, and the long arms of the old jumpers are tight in a knot on the swing. But the force of the badger pulled and pulled and pulled and stretched them so the end up on the ground. There was cardboard everywhere that the badger had ripped off the swing. The cardboard lines the swing before I put on the cushions and other cloths on, because there are wide gaps on the wooden backing boards and the wooden seat boards. And the badger was always pulling the cloths through. That idea has worked more or less fine for 3 months, until last night. Devastation when I went out there this morning. I brought the sd cards back in to check, but before I checked, all the usual suspects presented themselves this morning for food. So no need to check now. I can leave that for another day. Everything is sopping wet, I need new cushions and jumpers to put on. The bag I had filled for the charity shop for Friday is now on the swing waiting to be used. Sorry charity shop.

There's something else. One of my red dragons is missing. It is a very heavy stone ornament. J bought me these. They have reminded on the ground unscathed for 20 years...

The female dragon is there, but she had been carried and dropped half way up the garden path. The male dragon is not to be seen anywhere in my garden, front or back. I hope that blooming badger has not carried it back to his den and got it guarding the outside of its den...

I'll $#£@¥§!3 that badger...

I am still looking....but the heavens opened after I took this photo of this sunny looking dandelion, which is going to be my creative today. I don't have time to do any thing else.

Back in bed, cold and wet. I need a nap....

Wildlife nighttime video
Just cat Jade looking into the camera on a more peaceful night...
16secs

And here from a few years ago, as an inset are my two dragons...
The upright one is missing.

IMG_6610.jpeg

My dandelion creative below. I love the lemon yellow.

Time for a nap. I am sleepy now, so a nap is needed.

Have your best kind of day.

IMG_6608.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

It looks like that darn badger went bananas in the night. Midnight who was asleep on my chest in the early hours suddenly woke up alarmed and leapt to the window. His wide eyes looked at me, who was also awake by now. And then he charged out of the bedroom like a bullet.

The badger was yanking the cloths off the swing. More precisely tugging and tugging at the cushions. And pulling the jumpers that cover the cushions on to the wet ground. They are tied on with rope, and the long arms of the old jumpers are tight in a knot on the swing. But the force of the badger pulled and pulled and pulled and stretched them so the end up on the ground. There was cardboard everywhere that the badger had ripped off the swing. The cardboard lines the swing before I put on the cushions and other cloths on, because there are wide gaps on the wooden backing boards and the wooden seat boards. And the badger was always pulling the cloths through. That idea has worked more or less fine for 3 months, until last night. Devastation when I went out there this morning. I brought the sd cards back in to check, but before I checked, all the usual suspects presented themselves this morning for food. So no need to check now. I can leave that for another day. Everything is sopping wet, I need new cushions and jumpers to put on. The bag I had filled for the charity shop for Friday is now on the swing waiting to be used. Sorry charity shop.

There's something else. One of my red dragons is missing. It is a very heavy stone ornament. J bought me these. They have reminded on the ground unscathed for 20 years...

The female dragon is there, but she had been carried and dropped half way up the garden path. The male dragon is not to be seen anywhere in my garden, front or back. I hope that blooming badger has not carried it back to his den and got it guarding the outside of its den...

I am still looking....but the heavens opened after I took this photo of this sunny looking dandelion, which is going to be my creative today. I don't have time to do any thing else.

Wildlife nighttime video
16secs

View attachment 66922

View attachment 66923
So sorry to read of the devastation and mysterious disappearance of a treasured gift from J. Very odd if the badger removed the dragon. On a brighter note the video and photo are both wonderful.

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Woeful worrisome Wednesday.
7.0 darn it!

Mrs L has told me in no uncertain terms to stop spending our money, cos, we are struggling, and advised me that our incoming isn't enough.
I did remind her, that when the shopping was done by Mrs L, I don't believe that was a consideration.
That was when you got up off your ........ **** and work.
Much scolded, I informed her it is now four years since covid. And the whole country isn't working! Not as well as a rich economy should!
Mrs L then asked what was the treats for her for supper.
I give up!

Morse ministers resign, wish they would a pack up and jump off the sinking ship.

Gonna have an hour or so in the garden.
cuppa and reading material in hand.

lovely artwork?????

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Fbg 6.7

Wildlife nighttime video
16secs

View attachment 66922

View attachment 66923
That must be some heavyweight badger and be able to walk on 2 legs while carrying something with his front legs, if ihe managed to carry away your precious dragon. Such a shame. Lovely dandelion photo.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Annb[/USER] good news on the container even if it means more work.
Started loading the container this morning. First thing was scaffolding with which Neil built the framework for some shelves, then he took quite a lot of good timber that had been left over from different jobs - too good to throw out and useful for making shelves on the scaffolding. He was lowering it down from the loft while I caught it at the bottom and stacked it - used my walker with a seat on it to manage that job. He also found quite a few more things to go to the charity shop (why did I buy all that coving, or that 6ft long curtain pole, or that shower curtain which was too short for our shower?) Also found a huge stack of letters which Tom saved from his mother and from me, when he was at sea, plus all the ones I kept of his. They will go into an archive box. I did know the must be somewhere but didn't know where. Just a quick flick through them reminded me of some of the ships he was on that I had forgotten. They chart the more recent family history, so they should be kept as part of that record. He was actually in the middle of writing his "love story", to be called "A sailor and his lass" and based on these letters, when his Parkinsons got to him and he was unable to finish it.