What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hooray! Huddle in the kitchen.
Reminds me. When Neil was away at Paisley Tech (by that time a university, but I can't remember what it's called) the weather that first term was desperately cold and ice coated everything both indoors and out. At least, in the student accommodation he was renting, it was inside,. as was the black mould. The 6 lads who shared the house could only get warm by all getting into the tiny kitchen and turning the oven and hotplates on full. He didn't last beyond the first term. Came home for Christmas and refused to go back. He refused to be taught by lecturers who knew less than he did of their subjects. I reminded him that, inferior though they may be, they had bits of paper to show that they were qualified and that was what he was hoping to achieve. It cut no ice with Neil!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.8 this madhouse morning on this frantic footie day.
Well, where do I start? I suppose at the beginning.
Woke up around 5am.
Got up after shaking eased.
Found Mrs L snoring.
Sorted the usual meds, cuppa, clothes and washing.
Woke Mrs L up.
Got Mrs L first chores done and as she livened up a little. And made me aware the television was not on.
Tried the remote, sound but no picture.
Tried everything I could think of, not working.
So moved bedroom tele, into front room.
So many wires and places to put them!!!!!
Got it going. Only took me an hour (ish) interrupted by tea and a few expletives.
Put washing on. Her favourite jimjams needed it.
Went to getting drying out of dryer. Found the waste grid blocked.
Tried using tools, and plunger and prodder, didn't work.
Only one option left.
Had to put my hand down and get to the bottom of it.
So up to my elbow in washing water and whatever was down there in the dark and dangerous drainage system.
Finally found after much frantic feeling around, the obstruction.
It was a toy, #8 had played with it the other day and somehow found its way to be stuck.
Arm and hand thoroughly washed and soaked and cleaned thoroughly.
Toy in bin.
Washing back on and more cuppa.
Mrs L has z's coming through the room. And I start kitchen duties. Dishes and food prep.
Accident occurs, change of clothes for Mrs L, tea isn't supposed to be worn, mop out and more washing. Good thing it isn't bed changing day. It still might be. Change done, Mrs L wants more tea and a visit upstairs,
That done, Mrs L says, it's bedtime.
Not too sure if Mrs L is aware of time of day. Let's her go to bed.
Makes her comfortable, goes back downstairs, kettle on, more tea. Gets her bag with her necessities in. Her kindle, and a couple of bites in case.
Sorted washing into drier.
Put next load in. Checks drain.ok!
It is raining!
Gets to around noon, and I can have a few minutes.
I have a feeling as I'm writing this, that #7 & #8 could be on way around.
And of course duly arrive.
I will be back later...........
Unless.....

Have to organise t.v. repair.

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
So tired now.
Grandkids gone home.
Weather atrocious, wet and windy and cold, very cold in that wind.

Would you believe that #8 started picking the link household to give to his man and for his mum.
He is such a ratbag.
A real force of nature.

#7 had gymnastics this morning is getting trained with three other girls by a national coach for her competitions in june. #7 is really doing well.

Kitchen duties calling.

Excuse my ramblings before.
Just another day in paradise.

Even my footie team won, surprised to say the least.

My best wishes to you lot as per.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Secret party went without a hitch and no hints from any grandchild. Amazing cake ( I had maybe 15/20 gms ) - the candle/firework was our addition. The flowers were edible - all the children thought they were delicious.. The card comes with a voucher to chose from a meal and musical or an A1 generated Abba concert

Attachments

• JKPCake.jpg
    JKPCake.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 33
  • JKPCard2.jpg
    JKPCard2.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 32
  • jkpcard1.jpg
    jkpcard1.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

No time to look in, and read posts...

Daughter is only here half a day, a night, and another day before she has to go back to London to teach her students at uni in London next week before they all return to Australia...

Yesterday I took daughter to Flint Castle where we braved the elements and that vicious wind to do some open air paintings. I nearly got blown over, along with my walker. We sat on a bench to paint. So my creative is a painting of the bank of the river, the path, and the river. I threw a mixture of stuff, graphite, charcoal, pencils, edding pens, water brushes, and an old 30 year old tin of a gouache set of 6 pans of colour which I have never painted with, in a bag. I thought that paint might work outside in adverse conditions, and it did.

Daughter used graphite and charcoal and painted the castle walls. Then she did the river scene with the gouache paints.

My creative is a mixed media.

I rarely paint from nature now. It was something I did with J long ago. Some people came behind us and watched us over our shoulders.

Daughter and I painted and talked in the evening. Then at bedtime, I tucked her in with a new soft fluffy blanket I had just bought myself. She might be 50, but it is still nice when someone tucks you in.

We're painting again this morning...

And then she is going to help me correctly angle some some alarms on the driveway. ( I bought them at the beginning of Covid lockdowns to help alerting me to the Amazon parcel man.)The alarms sound like 2 frenzied dogs barking, and I can hear them when I am wearing my hearing processor). And also to position one outside my kitchen door, so I can hear postie as well. My daughter couldn't understand when my neighbour's 'window cleaner', as my neighbour insisted it was (when I was taking photos of this stranger winding up yellow pipes in my driveway which I also needed to drive into), was parked outside my bungalow if he was accessing my neighbour's extensive windows around his property. And my neighbour has room for more than half a dozen cars outside his property.

So, daughter wants to help me protect my security this morning.

Wildlife nighttime video
The Curious Badger

Have your best kind of day

Time for a cuppa.

IMG_6863.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a bright and sunny start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Farmers market was crowded yesterday so only bought bread - three sourdough loaves - now sliced and in the freezer. Baker tells me that she starts baking at midnight on market day. Today is a national cycle race - a 27km quiet challenging circuit taking about 40 mins - 4 laps for the women’s race and then 6 laps for the open. Nearly as exhausting as a morning with @Lamont D. Lots of festival type activities in the town to see as well. Art bit - one colour exercise - burnt umber. Hope that this sunshine is working over your patch today. Best make my koffy.

1713076730372.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.8 this madhouse morning on this frantic footie day.
Well, where do I start? I suppose at the beginning.
Woke up around 5am.
Got up after shaking eased.
Found Mrs L snoring.
Sorted the usual meds, cuppa, clothes and washing.
Woke Mrs L up.
Got Mrs L first chores done and as she livened up a little. And made me aware the television was not on.
Tried the remote, sound but no picture.
Tried everything I could think of, not working.
So moved bedroom tele, into front room.
So many wires and places to put them!!!!!
Got it going. Only took me an hour (ish) interrupted by tea and a few expletives.
Put washing on. Her favourite jimjams needed it.
Went to getting drying out of dryer. Found the waste grid blocked.
Tried using tools, and plunger and prodder, didn't work.
Only one option left.
Had to put my hand down and get to the bottom of it.
So up to my elbow in washing water and whatever was down there in the dark and dangerous drainage system.
Finally found after much frantic feeling around, the obstruction.
It was a toy, #8 had played with it the other day and somehow found its way to be stuck.
Arm and hand thoroughly washed and soaked and cleaned thoroughly.
Toy in bin.
Washing back on and more cuppa.
Mrs L has z's coming through the room. And I start kitchen duties. Dishes and food prep.
Accident occurs, change of clothes for Mrs L, tea isn't supposed to be worn, mop out and more washing. Good thing it isn't bed changing day. It still might be. Change done, Mrs L wants more tea and a visit upstairs,
That done, Mrs L says, it's bedtime.
Not too sure if Mrs L is aware of time of day. Let's her go to bed.
Makes her comfortable, goes back downstairs, kettle on, more tea. Gets her bag with her necessities in. Her kindle, and a couple of bites in case.
Sorted washing into drier.
Put next load in. Checks drain.ok!
It is raining!
Gets to around noon, and I can have a few minutes.
I have a feeling as I'm writing this, that #7 & #8 could be on way around.
And of course duly arrive.
I will be back later...........
Unless.....

Have to organise t.v. repair.
Such a lot going on. Am pleased to read that you seem to be coping well...

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those who don’t believe anything they read, see or hear in the toxic media.

Blood sugars this morning were 6.0

My day has been planned. Not by me, me’s or myself. Mrs J will inform me at the appropriate moment(s)…..I hope and not after the task should have been completed.

Have a great day all, stay safe, remember think positive thoughts, smile at a stranger while waiting for the men with the straight jacket to arrive.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
9 30am FBG 5.7
Disturbed night after conversation with daughter, her son has very high temperature, with projectile vomiting. Husband is away working - she may need to take him to hospital. My no. 2 son on alert for possible childminding duties.
Times like this I feel very far away...
Did try to live nearer some years ago, but MrSlim simply would not even consider living in a town, never mind a city. And of course with our limited resources would not be living in the " nice" parts of town. Country houses nearby totally out of our price range. All part of how we ended up here.
This morning temperature has vanished.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a very sunny, beautifully blue skied but windy Little America. No known fbg to share. @gennepher thank you for sharing the amazing creative. I hope you and your daughter manage to make your property as secure as possible. @dunelm thank you for sharing the art which I feel is very Fenlandesque. @SlimLizzy hug for the disturbed night and sympathy over the location issues. I never settled here but 2 of our 3 sons and their children were/are here needing childcare help. Even the one who moved - back to Cambs - from here is about 20 minutes away. The third son is in Winchester and could do with help the most as his wife is a nurse but even just over the border/ on the edge of Cambs is too much for me. It doesn't help that this is a very odd, “left behind” place anyhow @Krystyna23040 I'm glad to hear you are relaxing today. Hope you have a good day.

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
4.5 at 03.45 today (exactly the same as last night).

I don't think this heating system is working at all. No hot water in the taps and no heat in the radiators. Neil thinks it is just a matter of adjustment, but I'm not sure about that. I had thought that I might, by now be able to wear just 2 layers in the house, but no, I'm still having to wear a big, fleecy jacket and the radiator on which I usually heat my toes is currently colder than my toes.

At least my blood pressure has come down now to 139/67. I don't think it's been that low for years.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 at 03.45 today (exactly the same as last night).

I don't think this heating system is working at all. No hot water in the taps and no heat in the radiators. Neil thinks it is just a matter of adjustment, but I'm not sure about that. I had thought that I might, by now be able to wear just 2 layers in the house, but no, I'm still having to wear a big, fleecy jacket and the radiator on which I usually heat my toes is currently colder than my toes.

At least my blood pressure has come down now to 139/67. I don't think it's been that low for years.
Oh no @Annb - I do hope they sort it quickly.
Really good blood pressure - especially as it is not very relaxing with all the work that is being done in your house at the moment.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Fbg 6.7

No time to look in, and read posts...

Daughter is only here half a day, a night, and another day before she has to go back to London to teach her students at uni in London next week before they all return to Australia...

Yesterday I took daughter to Flint Castle where we braved the elements and that vicious wind to do some open air paintings. I nearly got blown over, along with my walker. We sat on a bench to paint. So my creative is a painting of the bank of the river, the path, and the river. I threw a mixture of stuff, graphite, charcoal, pencils, edding pens, water brushes, and an old 30 year old tin of a gouache set of 6 pans of colour which I have never painted with, in a bag. I thought that paint might work outside in adverse conditions, and it did.

Daughter used graphite and charcoal and painted the castle walls. Then she did the river scene with the gouache paints.

My creative is a mixed media.

I rarely paint from nature now. It was something I did with J long ago. Some people came behind us and watched us over our shoulders.

Daughter and I painted and talked in the evening. Then at bedtime, I tucked her in with a new soft fluffy blanket I had just bought myself. She might be 50, but it is still nice when someone tucks you in.

We're painting again this morning...

And then she is going to help me correctly angle some some alarms on the driveway. ( I bought them at the beginning of Covid lockdowns to help alerting me to the Amazon parcel man.)The alarms sound like 2 frenzied dogs barking, and I can hear them when I am wearing my hearing processor). And also to position one outside my kitchen door, so I can hear postie as well. My daughter couldn't understand when my neighbour's 'window cleaner', as my neighbour insisted it was (when I was taking photos of this stranger winding up yellow pipes in my driveway which I also needed to drive into), was parked outside my bungalow if he was accessing my neighbour's extensive windows around his property. And my neighbour has room for more than half a dozen cars outside his property.

So, daughter wants to help me protect my security this morning.

Wildlife nighttime video
The Curious Badger

Have your best kind of day

Time for a cuppa.

View attachment 67175
I like!
do get your security sorted.
never been to Fflint castle.
didn't know Fflint had one!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good morning everyone on a bright and sunny start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Farmers market was crowded yesterday so only bought bread - three sourdough loaves - now sliced and in the freezer. Baker tells me that she starts baking at midnight on market day. Today is a national cycle race - a 27km quiet challenging circuit taking about 40 mins - 4 laps for the women’s race and then 6 laps for the open. Nearly as exhausting as a morning with @Lamont D. Lots of festival type activities in the town to see as well. Art bit - one colour exercise - burnt umber. Hope that this sunshine is working over your patch today. Best make my koffy.

View attachment 67176
So much like early photographic sepia plates.
Do like.