What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.30 a.m. reading BG 5.9 mmol.
Tried very hard to get a lower reading than yesterday's and it just about paid off with a high hive mark. I'll take that one to the bank.
It's quite satisfying, when your effort is rewarded.:- xxxx'

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Snap again 7.0 here too! Morning All some great results and some disappointed @mojo37 wonder if you’re coming down with something and @Bcgirl hope your doctor can help (I have an incomplete pancreas and was told when I go over 48 I will get some background insulin while I continue to low carb). That was 6 years ago and am still clinging on). Happy Thursday everyone.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Contour 6.9
Been up all night drinking water & testing, blood sugar out of control (double figures most of yesterday), being ill usually brings blood sugar crashung, still feeling sick & lethargic, waiting for hospital to ring me back, failing that an 80 mile round trip back to a&e
Hope everyone else is ok

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Contour 6.9
Been up all night drinking water & testing, blood sugar out of control (double figures most of yesterday), being ill usually brings blood sugar crashung, still feeling sick & lethargic, waiting for hospital to ring me back, failing that an 80 mile round trip back to a&e
Hope everyone else is ok
Hope all improves and you don't have to go to A&E. I had a couple of trips there last year - ghastly places!

Dorro

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, my sympathies for those who are struggling and congratulations to those who aren't........

Fasting bg of 4.7 this morning at waking and xdrip shows more or less the same all night since midnight...

Had bacon and eggs, for lunch, pepperoni omlete, broccoli and cheese and (tirma ambrosias zero bar) for evening meal followed by 15km on excercise bike...
I feel that i'm in a good place right now..

I have been thinking though, when I was diagnosed T2 my doctor more or less said "chronic progressive disease, here, take 500mg of metformin and don't bother me for another three months".......
No further diagnosis, no fasting insulin test, no homa-ir or triglyeride numbers....we don't know if my pancreas is not working properly, i have chronic stress, my body does not make fat efficiently, or my body cells are insulin resistant, the treatment would be very different with each of these cases, and as for insulin, if my body is insulin resistant that is the very last thing i would need!... but nothing has been actioned, it's almost as if they want me to be sick....and given that T2 diabetes is rapidly becoming the single most expensive disorder in the U.K. one would think they would be a little more proactive...I had to beg to be allowed to try diet control and was simply told not to waste my time at this stage of development.. now, after ten weeks of low carb, time restricted eating and regular exercise fasting glucose levels are coming down and my calculated a1c is following suit...

rant over...

Have a great day everyone....the sun is actually shining here in Derbyshire U.K.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope all improves and you don't have to go to A&E. I had a couple of trips there last year - ghastly places!
Already had one in the middle of the night last week, they were actually really good, no complaints, feel so ill & b/s so high I’ve convinced myself they’re going to put me on Insulin & take driving licence away, even googled the menu at the hospital