What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Friday people, an FBG 5.4 today. I’ve been for a swim and am now contemplating lunch before embarking on some domestic chores.

The GP didn’t do a HbA1c test last week, said I didn’t need one, just dished out more prescriptions. Slightly annoyed with myself for not insisting, if only to demonstrate to myself that all this stuff I’m doing is working. Trouble is in 10 mins there’s barely enough time to get through the essentials like taking the blood pressure, so by the time I’ve registered what he’s saying and ask, I’m on the other side of the door.

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
I have been putting off recording these readings, much like some of you here. My wee avatar was staring at me, urging me to keep going and not give up and chuck in the towel like last time.
So…
Libre 7.0
GlucoNavii 6.8
CodeFree 7.0

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
11 this morning at 5.30 :rolleyes:
Evening @mojo37. Your FBG numbers seem to be creeping higher at the mo.
One approach is to have your last meal of the day earlier in the evening and avoid snacking afterwards.

Have you seen this challenge?

I appreciate it's not for everyone but, if practical, an earlier evening meal makes sense (combined with low carbing, obviously) for those type 2s striving to lower BG readings. It works wonders for those who can stick with it for a week or two and some of us sleep better too, as a result.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening @mojo37. Your FBG numbers seem to be creeping higher at the mo.
One approach is to have your last meal of the day earlier in the evening and avoid snacking afterwards.

Have you seen this challenge?

I appreciate it's not for everyone but, if practical, an earlier evening meal makes sense (combined with low carbing, obviously) for those type 2s striving to lower BG readings. It works wonders for those who can stick with it for a week or two and some of us sleep better too, as a result.
Thank you for your advise I know my numbers have been very poor over the last month or so and I also know the main reasons . Eating late is not one of them but thank you .

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Am I alive in the hive or stuck in the stickies? Either way, the numbers are going in the right direction after a week or more of unexpected bumps in the road.
Libre 6.8 (new one put on yesterday)
GlucoNavii 6.0
CodeFree 5.7

Have a good day, take care of yourselves.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All
I’m with @flonvic at 7.0 today was 4.9 before dinner last night. @mojo37 sending you a great big wrap around hug to get back on the wagon. Keep posting we’re all rooting for you. Have a great Saturday all.
Thank you @PenguinMum I will get back on the wagon . It is tempting not to test and record reading on here because I know they are going to be appalling.

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@mojo37 Yay! So glad you have decided to continue logging your results here.
I was also at the point of not doing so, but my little avatar (coloured ball on the left of this post) reminded me of why I started. I need the support of the community here to get me through the tough times.

If you haven’t read my thread about my avatar, here’s a link if you are curious.