What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HBA1c 74, lost another 2.3 kg in the last 6 weeks (unintentional) upped gliclazide from 80 to 320 a day, have to send in my readings to hospital once a week, really positive at the hospital, felt like i was getting somewhere at last, blood pressure was 164/103 ! , not sure what they are going to do about that.
thats brilliant flashy well done you it will all fall in to place eventually and they will sort your blood pressure a bit of positivity goes a long way ;):)

D

Diabeticliberty

HBA1c 74, lost another 2.3 kg in the last 6 weeks (unintentional) upped gliclazide from 80 to 320 a day, have to send in my readings to hospital once a week, really positive at the hospital, felt like i was getting somewhere at last, blood pressure was 164/103 ! , not sure what they are going to do about that.

Great news on your weight loss. Really well done. I suspect that they will want to medicate you for your blood pressure. There are loads of options tablet wise. The main thing is that it is identified and treated :)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
I hope you manage a decent sleep and are feeling back on form when you awake. Take care :)
Thanks for your kind words Diabeticliberty. I did get some sleep for a while but now back on the antibiotics for yet another infection. Can't seem to get the chance to fight back before another lurgy takes over. Enjoy your day with your lovely dog.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My bouncy fbg of 7.0 early this morning. Bit stressed as seeing psychologist about bariatric surgery. If I don't pass assessment op will be refused.
Had a poor night sleep because of it. :(
Hope all went well for you Ickihun :)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Shocking 8.2 (second reading 8.4) :arghh:

Started birthday celebrations early yesterday with a cinnamon slice - it was so good. Then OH bought me Almond M&M’s back from USA. I’ll be a good boy again on Wednesday after my birthday ....! Off for a 30minute swim now :)

Happy Monday friends! Hope your FBG is better than mine today ;)
Enjoy your birthday penfoldAPD :)

Reactions: Granny_grump_
D

Diabeticliberty

Thanks for your kind words Diabeticliberty. I did get some sleep for a while but now back on the antibiotics for yet another infection. Can't seem to get the chance to fight back before another lurgy takes over. Enjoy your day with your lovely dog.:)

Are the things that you are getting related to each other or are you generally run down and picking things up at random? You seem to be having a pretty bad time of things. I really hope you get a decent break. It must be awful to keep going through the lurgies :)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Are the things that you are getting related to each other or are you generally run down and picking things up at random? You seem to be having a pretty bad time of things. I really hope you get a decent break. It must be awful to keep going through the lurgies :)
That's a good question, Diabeticliberty. Believe it or not I'm usually a resilient, cheerful old soul that keeps everyone else afloat! :D As a carer for my elderly mum I am also used to meeting challenges. A back injury, caused by being too enthusiastic during an aqua aerobic class,:arghh: ( lol) , a bereavement and other stressful events may have contributed? A problem with my throat/ chest developed into nasty bronchitis that wouldn't go away! Three lots of antibiotics and steroids later and I am no longer barking like an enraged dog but feel exhausted. Recently I felt ill again and am now on more antibiotics whist awaiting results from the hospital. I have finally seen a physiotherapist and have an appointment at the hospital's ENT department about my original problem so hopefully I will soon be back to my old self. Fasting blood sugars between 7 to 8+ are not too bad considering. Thanks again! ( Apologies for the long post). :)

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.1 today and happy birthday @PenfoldAPD.

Went to doctors yesterday killed not two but three birds with one stone figuratively, had flu jab, booked diabetic bloods for tomorrow and picked up the form for Internet access.

Flu jab making me feel a little off this morning sore throat aches and pains etc.
hope ye feeling better soon :nurse:

D

Diabeticliberty

That's a good question, Diabeticliberty. Believe it or not I'm usually a resilient, cheerful old soul that keeps everyone else afloat! As a daily carer for my elderly mum I am also used to meeting challenges. A back injury, caused by being too enthusiastic during an aqua aerobic class,( lol), a bereavement and a few other stressful events may have contributed. A problem with my throat/ chest developed into a nasty bronchitis that wouldn't go away! Three lots of antibiotics and steroids later and I am no longer barking like an enraged dog but am pretty exhausted. Recently I felt ill again and am now on more antibiotics whist awaiting results from the hospital. I have finally seen a physiotherapist and have an appointment at the hospital's ENT department about my original problem so hopefully I will soon be back to my old self. Fasting blood sugars are not too bad considering. Thanks again! ( Apologies for the long post).

Life can be a real sod at times. It throws events at us that normally don't phase us too much. From time to time however it slings a whole bin bag full of stuff all at once or on a steady stream and it can be extremely hard to keep ahead of it. Once again I really hope that it all works out well for you. Just a small issue I need to raise which is 'your blood sugars not being too bad considering? ' I think you are completely wrong. I think that they are excellent and I commend you for them. They are a damned sight better than mine would be in similar circumstances. Please do not apologise for a long post. You answered what I asked very crisply and even injected some humour. How can I take issue then with the length of your answer?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hope all went well for you Ickihun :)
Your well wishes made all the difference. I went in like a cat on a hot tin roof and came out giggling and smiling.
Told their assessment wont disallow op just get me much more ready first. Phew! Great psychologist. She earned her wages this morning with my busy first chapter of my life.
I'm looking forward to next appointment. I hope i dont cause writer's cramp.
How are you @dogslife ?
My bgs have been up in the air as reduced insulin to avoid hypos with menstral cycle few days of higher metabolism at its peak. Then wham, i came crashing UP. Highs for a few weeks so no weight loss. I may have to just ride hypos with glucose tablets in future. I feel such a t₩it.
Dn did advise to not alter insulin but i was keen to take less, to my detriment. She was sooooo right.
I guess i had to learn the hard way. :(

Reactions: ziggy_w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your well wishes made all the difference. I went in like a cat on a hot tin roof and came out giggling and smiling.
Told their assessment wont disallow op just get me much more ready first. Phew! Great psychologist. She earned her wages this morning with my busy first chapter of my life.
I'm looking forward to next appointment. I hope i dont cause writer's cramp.
How are you @dogslife ?
My bgs have been up in the air as reduced insulin to avoid hypos with menstral cycle few days of higher metabolism at its peak. Then wham, i came crashing UP. Highs for a few weeks so no weight loss. I may have to just ride hypos with glucose tablets in future. I feel such a t₩it.
Dn did advise to not alter insulin but i was keen to take less, to my detriment. She was sooooo right.
I guess i had to learn the hard way. :(
Good news

D

Deleted member 308541

Oh lord of the cake, may your name be kept tasty.
Let your fruit cake rise.
Let our pleasure be done, as in cake heaven, so on earth.
Give us this day cake for our needs.
And let us not be put to the test.
Keep us safe from the rise in bgls above 5.8 at 4:35 am.

I have been tempted to increase my bgl's into the double figures again, the Lions cakes are always put at my end of the bar where I sit at the bowls club.

It's excellent traditional fruit cake that is very moorish.

HMUoC3f.jpg

Ov2IeJV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: