What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 4.8 today.

Looking forward to a very nice dinner tonight at a place called "Wine on the Rhine" for an early birthday celebration. If we are up to it and provided that we will be able to keep our eyes open until midnight, we will go for a drink afterwards. I remember there was a time when it wasn't a problem to stay up until all hours.

@Freema -- Congrats on your great Hba1c -- really well done. By the way, did you have a look at Keto Dave's video. He did a lot of self-experimentation (and also collected data from others) and seems to believe that the more fat we had in the three days prior to your cholesterol test, the lower our cholesterol numbers. It is really a fascinating watch. So, maybe the relationship between eating fat and cholesterol is more complex than we think (provided that higher cholesterol numbers are even really a problem). Also, some forum members report that they have seen a positive impact when they substituted some of the animal fats with olive oil.
enjoy your meal tonight sounds lovely try have a little mid afternoon sleep so not so tired tonight x i remember that time when i could stay up late but alas its a distant memory now :(;)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Back up to 8.3 this morning.:( Attempted some walking during the last 2 days but limited by agonising back/hip/ leg pain.:arghh: Physiotherapist has given me more exercises to do but reckons it will take some time. I don't think the very rare treat of a scone with jam and cream yesterday during my walk helped my blood sugars at all but it did help to cheer me up temporarily. :angelic: Back on the band wagon today! Enjoy your weekend folks.:)

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Back up to 8.2 this morning.:( Attempted some walking during the last 2 days but limited by agonising back/hip/ leg pain.:arghh: Physiotherapist has given me more exercises to do but reckons it will take some time. I don't think the very rare treat of a scone with jam and cream yesterday during my walk helped my blood sugars at all but it did help to cheer me up temporarily. :angelic: Back on the band wagon today! Enjoy your weekend folks.:)
Ooh sounds lovely the scone i mean sorry to hear your in pain x

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Back up to 8.2 this morning.:( Attempted some walking during the last 2 days but limited by agonising back/hip/ leg pain.:arghh: Physiotherapist has given me more exercises to do but reckons it will take some time. I don't think the very rare treat of a scone with jam and cream yesterday during my walk helped my blood sugars at all but it did help to cheer me up temporarily. :angelic: Back on the band wagon today! Enjoy your weekend folks.:)
Sometimes a little comfort food can do wonders. My legs get sore too, so I get tired out easily. Hopefully you're on the road to getting better.

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
C

Looking forward to a very nice dinner tonight at a place called "Wine on the Rhine" for an early birthday celebration. If we are up to it and provided that we will be able to keep our eyes open until midnight, we will go for a drink afterwards. I remember there was a time when it wasn't a problem to stay up until all hours.

@Freema -- Congrats on your great Hba1c -- really well done. By the way, did you have a look at Keto Dave's video. He did a lot of self-experimentation (and also collected data from others) and seems to believe that the more fat we had in the three days prior to your cholesterol test, the lower our cholesterol numbers. It is really a fascinating watch. So, maybe the relationship between eating fat and cholesterol is more complex than we think (provided that higher cholesterol numbers are even really a problem). Also, some forum members report that they have seen a positive impact when they substituted some of the animal fats with olive oil.
sounds like have a lovely evening ahead. I'm just about to have my breakfast, so I won't get to hungry thinking about your meal. Happy early Birthday.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Sometimes a little comfort food can do wonders. My legs get sore too, so I get tired out easily. Hopefully you're on the road to getting better.
Thank you Ixarix for your kind thoughts. Have a relaxing day.:)

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

No I haven’t seem his video and writings ...I myself do however eat maybe 5 times the fat in average than I used to do.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
6.0 at 10:00
My latest HbA1c was 34 , and I am so happy with that But now my GP wants me off metformin and I know my levels will be much higher then , and I cant eat this level of carbs anymore as I do now , I am so sad because I found it so wonderfull that I have been able to eat around 200 grams of carbs daily and have space for some wonderful treats of the sinful kinds ... hmm I did convince her to let me stay on metformin another 4 month But then she’ll take me off or lower me to take only 1 pill of 850 mg ... she also wanted med to down in levothyroxine again and seems to not care that metformin can make thyroxin stimulating hormon too low creating a false picture of how high the bodies metabolism rate is ...
I am not pleased because this will also highten my general blood glucose. So it seems I need to go lower in carbs and because of much raised cholesterol I also need to go lower fat , it seems an unrealistic road to go leaving space only for more proteins which I am already high in

Hi Freema watch the protein high protein can cause gout,believe me you don't want gout!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hello everyone
Busy morning and out for lunch with family so not posted BG levels so here goes!
Bg@ 2-30 am =6.0
BG @8-50 am = 6.4
Bg@ 11-00 am =5.8
Too long since I ate lunch to test has I've not been home long,will see what tomorrow brings! K

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, my BG was 6.9 today. Had a so-so sleep so I'll take it easy this morning. Nowhere major I have to be. Looking forward to hearing how everyone's day has gone so far.
My BG just now was 7.2 which made me very happy to see. Just had my drugs adjusted levels adjusted on Wed. At first they spiked a bit through the day. But now I see with the proper balance to my diet, I shouldn't have as many wild swings with my blood sugar.

D

Diabeticliberty

Zoriontsu igandea nire fantasiazko diabetiko anai-arrebekin. This morning I awoke in my brand new Spiderman pyjamas to find that the wall crawler had made the number 4.1 out of a web. My blood sugars are 4.1mmols. Superheroes are it seems diabetic friendly. Have a great day all of you from all of me.

Last edited by a moderator:

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6,8 this morning, my fault for having too much rice last night - my excuse: I am coming down with a cold.

Still feeling celebratory this morning. I did not let the cold put me off, completed a 10km walk and this mean that my total for the month so far and with two days to spare is 201km. In other words past the personal target I had set myself of 200km!

e38b9143813227c527e708978a6c5a02.jpg

Weight is down as well to 80kg (bmi 23,6). Last time I weighed so little I was probably still at school!

Leaving you with wishes for an enjoyable remainder of the day (we are planning a trip to the mountains for lunch with friends, which I am very much looking forward to) and a photo of another of my collection of palms; this time the grey/blue fan palm Bismarkia Nobilis

433b05a0c464da87413ac53f63b8bba7.jpg