What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An improved 7.3. After slightly increased carb intake yesterday, a lie in this morning, and a late cup of decaff with coconut milk last night. Only thing I did differently yesterday, apart from fitting in an extra walk in the middle of the day.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Looks like a faulty sensor, did you do a blood test?
That was a sensor reading bracketed by two blood tests when tested this morning both sensor and blood test agreed almost exactly.

I tested my blood with a test strip in the reader as blood glucose meter and got LO then scanned the sensor then used another test strip and got LO again unfortunately was out of test strips for my other meters.

Edit to add.

These are the test strips I used.

"The FreeStyle Optium Blood Glucose Test Strips for self-testing your blood glucose. Compatible with FreeStyle Optium Neo, FreeStyle Libre and FreeStyle Libre 2 systems."

https://freestylediabetes.co.uk/our-products/testing-strips/freestyle-optium-test-strips

Last edited:

Dadio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bordem
IMG_1805.jpg

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
I know that feeling :rolleyes:
Yeah…. Once I loose control, the Stern of this Oil Tanker jerks, wanders and waggles from Port<>Starboard in a most life draining way. Yes, sure it’s depressing, but gives further evidence to the subtleties and vicissitudes of this head banging disease/condition. For me, now only three years into my “Frontiersman” attitude to the compression of Numbers to each Border, and remembering just how scary and daunting I felt back then, I can totally sympathise with Newbies starting this whole fandanglement for themselves.

Oh yeah, this morning 8.4 - bleah….

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@mojo37 superstar for dealing with The D, family life and shifts; @Estragon right attitude huge sympathy for the numbers; @DEBBIESCOTT all those data points are spiffing - chill babe; @karen8967 useful point, well made - you looking at me?; @garyclark82 and @BrianDoc all good in da hood guys. @DJC3 in the fives - all good. @PenguinMum of course it is the hour later - just S and W, S and W. Me? 5.2 (2016) :angelic: