What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 here on possibly the last dry or sunny day of October hereabouts. Interesting reading of all the love for scrambled egg. I like it but in terms of satiating it is hopeless (that's a theme for me and LC/Keto ) - even with cream, cheese and up to 6 eggs. I'm fairly dainty - 6 foot tall and around 72.5-7 kgs so just how dainty are your appetites? Enjoy your day.

Positively sylph like! I’m tall, around 5’10”, which means 74kg or thereabouts feels Ok. I’ve lost around 2 1/2 stone since diagnosis in February and starting this LC lark. My appetite is a bit chunkier, inevitably I have to talk myself out of a piece of toast and marmalade to go with the eggs! I’ve discovered that if I wait 5 minutes, the eggs hit base camp & the moment has passed.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m average height. My children overtook me when they were in their teens. My son is 6’5 and daughter 5’11. My husband was 6’4 so I suppose I’m the squirt of the family :D I need to lose around 3st :arghh:
I endedup at 6ft, Dad 6.4, bro 6.3, mum 5.3... I wanted to stop at 5.6 and have blue eyes and blond hair... well that didn't happen:rolleyes:. In August started the low carb again (long story) target 3.5 stone. 2 down, I know it's going to slow down, but might get there. YOU can do it. I'm sure your family will help, as well as us lot! x

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 at 7:30am
Blood test this morning to check my folate level as it was very low in July. I’ve been doing some research as it suggests taking Metformin can stop the absorption or B vitamins. Mmm vvvelllllyyy interesting!

Hope you all have a marvellous Monday x

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 at 7:30am
Blood test this morning to check my folate level as it was very low in July. I’ve been doing some research as it suggests taking Metformin can stop the absorption or B vitamins. Mmm vvvelllllyyy interesting!

Hope you all have a marvellous Monday x
Morning prickers, swipers and readers of the tea leaves all. 5.2 here. @MissMuffett I hope the test goes well. Every little helps as they say so this may be useful whilst Drs are cogitating, deliberating and procrastinating. Sorry if I'm preaching to the choir. BTW, avos are high in folate and go well smashed on toast, topped with poached egg. Seeded Sourdough toast is best and some can cope with that if frozen first. You obviously need a curated beard, some Carhatt kit and chipped enamel crockery for the full effect.

Last edited:

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On this gray day, Fingerpick says 5.8, Libre reads anywhere between 5.9 and 7.8 for the 10 minutes it took me to make my morning tea, empty the dishwasher and retreat to read the papers and commune with the feline. It’s now lurking just below 6.0.

I know the FP - or any reading- is just a snapshot, but so far the morning rise seems to be more attributable to foot on the floor than Dawn phenomenon.

Have a good start to the week, all.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 FBG from a reluctant digit this morning. That'll be the roast parsnip then!

Does anyone else have trouble getting blood from fingers in the cold weather? I have to move around & warm them up a bit before I even attempt it, otherwise its a bit of a struggle.
Trying running ur finger under the hot tap or in a bowl of warm water .

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.7 so always pleased these days to be in what I used to call the “sticky sixes”. Finally put the heating on first time just a couple of hours morning and night. Happy Tuesday everyone.
I used to be the same not liking to be in the "sticky sixes " and now I'm fairly happy to have 6's .