What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Peanut234

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
10.6 this morning on cgm
need to increase the basal a bit more. Am feeling a bit flat today, but I can see body starting to change, and it makes sense that its going to take a bit for the body, and brain to adjust.
Also have achieved goal 1: fit wedding ring again:)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A disappointing 6.4 at 7:30.

@DEBBIESCOTT My husband used to sneeze a lot at this time of year when the fields turned yellow and he’d never had hayfever as a child!

Have a lovely BH Monday everyone with hugs x
It’s everywhere here & drive from near spilsby to Louth every day for work

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
6.3 this morning. Not sure why its been more steady in the mornings, I have dropped my vitamin c recently and I also dropped the dosage on my low dosage steroid inhaler about a month ago so not sure if that has contributed. I like it anyway!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, my BG level was 5.1 this morning before any activity. I believe this gives me a true picture of what's happening with liver dump during the night.
Evening @Michael 3.

Yes, most of us on this FBG thread for diabetes of all types (and the parallel thread for type 2s) check our BG levels as soon as we wake first thing in the morning. BG numbers rise once we start to move around. Testing as we wake makes the conditions pre test as close to identical as possible and the result provides a useful benchmark for day to day comparison.