When to call an ambulance

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Pancreatitis can cause similar Hypoglycaemia you are suffering from.
See if you can ask your doctors, what is going to happen and get reassurance from them.
Best of luck. Try and be positive, it can usually be fixed.

Thoughts and prayers for you.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That's what they said! I'm on pain medication but otherwise doing ok now. I snuck out to the cafe earlier and had some food. Very very naughty but I couldn't stop thinking about it. I have the medication going straight into my arm though so I suspect that the cafe knew I was a patient... so far I've not been arrested for carrying around the drip though. Touch wood
I'm glad you are feeling better.
I'm glad to help.

I was in a surgical ward a couple of years ago. The doctors wanted me on the operating table because of the pain , I was in, with my medical history, I thought my pancreas had packed up, due to it overproduction of insulin for so long!
Also, my fasting test in hospital for nearly a week and all the other blood tests, the tests, and more tests. So I can sympathise and empathise with your situation.
I know what it's like.
You are in the right place.Y
Let us know how you get on. Be positive.

Best wishes.

Reactions: jjraak

plantae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pancreatitis can cause similar Hypoglycaemia you are suffering from.
See if you can ask your doctors, what is going to happen and get reassurance from them.
Best of luck. Try and be positive, it can usually be fixed.

Thoughts and prayers for you.
Sorry I deleted my last message but it had some words that I don't consider safe.

Yes, that's what the doctors said! I'm doing ok now but on pain medication. I avoided ICU

Reactions: Aishia and jjraak

plantae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm glad you are feeling better.
I'm glad to help.

I was in a surgical ward a couple of years ago. The doctors wanted me on the operating table because of the pain , I was in, with my medical history, I thought my pancreas had packed up, due to it overproduction of insulin for so long!
Also, my fasting test in hospital for nearly a week and all the other blood tests, the tests, and more tests. So I can sympathise and empathise with your situation.
I know what it's like.
You are in the right place.Y
Let us know how you get on. Be positive.

Best wishes.
It's the worst pain ever. I've been in ICU for 7 weeks, 4 weeks and I think 5 weeks with it. Thankfully they've got it under control this time and I'm not in ICU. The times I was in ICU they couldn't get the pain under control at all and it's not something I'd wish on anybody

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's the worst pain ever. I've been in ICU for 7 weeks, 4 weeks and I think 5 weeks with it. Thankfully they've got it under control this time and I'm not in ICU. The times I was in ICU they couldn't get the pain under control at all and it's not something I'd wish on anybody
Glad to hear things are maybe beginning to look up.

Reactions: jjraak and Lamont D

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
It's difficult to know what to do sometimes when you are in real panic. in my case (living alone)Especiall y
After having this costrochondrits for 3 months, (the pains .can mimic a hheart att ack)
After 3 months of the pain thought I was having a heart attack.Diale d 999. They did phone back. But too busy really. Eventually got to A & E about 7 pm. Was told after waiting about 2 hrs for a blood test that I would have to wai t
a further 5 hrs to see a Dr. (Approx 1 am).Nowhere to ly e down there anyway. And in too m much pain to sit upright in a chair. Well I just came back home really.

Reactions: Lamont D

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
But still think there is Nothing worse than excrushiating pain.Hope you will be better soon.
Xxx xxx

Reactions: Lamont D

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
Please ask for a sedative so you can at least sleep for a while.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
But still think there is Nothing worse than excrushiating pain.Hope you will be better soon.
Xxx xxx
No there isn't, especially when you can't get comfortable and tired, with other pain on top like years hes, backache and so on.

Reactions: Aishia and jjraak

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
Yes I know, just pain on top of pain. And nobody understands really do they. Like just now with the migraine s as well
with short term memory as well (being referred to a neurologist in c case it is anythingserious)\know that the children mean well really.But they don't seem to understand sometimes . Like yesterday 'can you look after the dog for me, Can I bring the washing over' Never ending.

Reactions: jjraak and Lamont D

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
I can manage so me pai n . Because I drove myself to hospital once with a broken arm. I diden t
know it was broken till I got there.The pa in went after 6 weeks anyway. It's the continuous
extreme pa in that is the worse.

extreme

• Hug
Reactions: Hopeful34

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Please remember that this thread was started by a forum member about his own particular situation. If you want to talk about your own experiences, please start a new thread and don't take over this one.

plantae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @plantae I've just caught up with your thread and I hope you feel better soon. Though no one wants to be in hospital at least it means they are investigating your issues.

I hope you feel better soon.

Lots of virtual hugs.
I got busted sneaking out for a smoke at 4AM. hahah. Oh well :) Edit: In my defence, how was I supposed to know they locked the front doors at 9 and that I'd have to ring the bell to get back inside?