Where in the world.......

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
......are we all?

This has been done before, a few years ago so I though I'd kick it off again because it was a popular thread.

Me first!!

I'm a southerner by birth but now live in Leicester, near the city centre. Came here when the children were little and stayed for their education. They've both bu***rd off now, one in Swansea, one in London and I'm here all on my lonesome.

wiflib

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
I'm in Edinburgh where we've lived for the last 23 years. We came up from Hertfordshire (though I am originally from Northumberland) because my husband wanted to be nearer to his beloved Munros. He's long finished the Munros now and is working his way through the Corbetts. I love it here and wouldn't want to live anywhere else, apart from Wellington in New Zealand.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
I was born in Stockton-on-Tees (across the river from Middlesbrough - hence the Boro thing). Grew up in Birmingham and Brighton but lived in London since I went to University there, if I get really excited I still sound a bit like a Brummy. I now live in a posh bit of North London and work in West London and around the world.

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was born in Warrington, Cheshire. Lived there till my mid 30's with 1st hubby. Split up and married 2nd hubby a few years later then moved to the Wirral. Then to Norfolk with hubby's job and now near Lichfield again moved with hubby's job. Loved being in Norfolk, but now happy and settled very near to Cannock Chase forest.

Ann

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My darling boy lives in Walthamstow. I've yet to crash on his sofa and rediscover the London of my youth. Walthamstow village is delightful.

wiflib

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm in Hamilton (near Glasgow) in Scotland. Moved to Fife area in Scotland in 1989 after getting married but was homesick and returned to Hamilton in 1994, the year after my daughter was born. Pretty boring compared to others but I'm a home bird!

WhitbyJet

Born and bred in Whitby, North Yorkshire
1980-1985 Uppsala, Sweden
1985-1986 Wimbledon, South London and hated EVERY minute of it
1986 return to Whitby and staying, no ten horses would drag me away from here ever again

Glados

Dislikes
Courgettes.
I was born and raised in the Medway Towns but went on to live in Burgess Hill (Sussex), due to husband number 1's job.
Then he left me and I ended up married to husband number 2 - which meant I was still in Sussex, but living in sunny Brighton. After many years I got fed up with husband number 2 and ran away to live in Manchester.
I am still in Manchester now, living with my 16 y/o son (my older two kids are grown men) and my scandalously-younger-than-me boyfriend. :D

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Born Nottingham,3 years in derby,11 years Redditch,worcestershire,9 years Pershore,worcestershire,5 years Milton Keynes and 8 years Little Harrowden Northamptonshire but aspire to be back near the cotswolds again.

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
chocoholicnomore said:
I'm in Hamilton (near Glasgow) in Scotland. Moved to Fife area in Scotland in 1989 after getting married but was homesick and returned to Hamilton in 1994, the year after my daughter was born. Pretty boring compared to others but I'm a home bird!
My uncle Will was born and grew up in Hamilton! :)

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
wiflib said:
I want one of those..........

I thought you were only 27 wiflib :shock: How much younger can you get :?:

kentish maid

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who tell me I don't need to test my blood
i was born in Dover evacuated to Wales during the 2nd world war back to Dover then a few years in NZ but missed England and i have lived in Dover ever since love it .

Glados

Dislikes
Courgettes.
borofergie said:
wiflib said:
I want one of those..........

I thought you were only 27 wiflib :shock: How much younger can you get :?:

My b/f is 22 years younger than me wiflib - I reckon that sort of gap would be a bit too "scandalous", if you're 27! :shock: :lol:

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
27 in my head Boro, not under my clothes..........

wiflib

BeccaJaneStClair

I was born in NYC. My parents didn't want to raise a child in the city, so they moved to New Jersey when I was still a baby and I lived there until I went off to University at Penn State. My dad passed away when I was 13, and my mom agreed to stay in NJ until I was finished school and then she was going to move back to where her family was from, which was also PA, so when I was 19 my permanent address changed from NJ to PA. After graduation, I lived with my mom for a while and then I also took jobs in Michigan (briefly) and Dauphin, Manitoba (Canada). I met my husband in 2005 when we were both in Seattle at the same convention and after a few years of friendship, we started dating and got married in 2009 (on bonfire night!). I moved to the UK in early 2010 and live in Dunholme, a small village just north of Lincoln.

MaryJ

I now find I'm reading everything with an accent lol

I'm from Manchester never strayed far from there - Born didsbury, moved Levenshulme now Stockport.

So read this in manc.

But not common

:D

Im not a gallaghers

BeccaJaneStClair

MaryJ said:
I now find I'm reading everything with an accent lol

I don't want to know what kind of accent you read my posts in! LOL I promise, I'm not a typical New Yorker...in fact, most people think I'm from Canada!

alison1981

I was born in Rotherham, lived in Sheffield for the first 4 years of my life, then moved back to Rotherham. My dad tells me I have lived in 17 different houses throughout my life.

Alison

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
uhhhh I might be the first Malteser here :)

Born and bred in Malta. Moved to UK in 2004 - split from hubby no 1 in 2007. decided that I quite like living in UK so stayed put :)