Where in the world.......

droberts0503

I guess this is as good a place as any to introduce myself. Originally from Cheltenham, lived in Portsmouth for 3 years when I was at uni and been living in the US, Cleveland Ohio to be exact, since 2003. It's kind of interesting reading the posts here, totally different healthcare models but still the mostly the same problems and frustrations regarding diabetic care.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I was born in London, lived and did all my schooling in Surrey, lived for a short while near Worthing,
and now live in the French-speaking part of Switzerland.

Dottybagpuss

Hello everyone,

I have lived all my life, all 59yrs of it so far, in Dumfries, south west Scotland. It's a nice wee toon, as we say in these parts, and we have some lovely countryside and coastline. Never had any desire to live elsewhere..... at least not until the Lotto comes up for us, at which time I may well have 2 or 3 homes in rather more exotic locations!!!! :shock:

BeccaJaneStClair

angieG said:
Born in Lincolnshire but did my schooling in Essex as we moved there due to Dad's work. Moved back to Lincolnshire in 1983 a year after I left school.
Lived in a couple of other villages in the county before moving about 10 years ago here, a rural area alongside RAF Coningsby with great views of the planes flying around. :thumbup:

Regards
Angie

You're not too far from me, then. We live about 3 miles from RAF Scampton and regularly get free air shows from the Reds :)

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Rebecca,
Yes good isn't it. We have BBMF to grace our skies :)
Regards
Angie

tree-peony

claymic said:
uhhhh I might be the first Malteser here :)

Born and bred in Malta. Moved to UK in 2004 - split from hubby no 1 in 2007. decided that I quite like living in UK so stayed put :)

ooo we've got a place on Gozo :D

DavideB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Born and bred in Peterborough Love Peterborough United Now live in Cesena Italy

iggy-lil

Dislikes
rude people
Born in Caerphilly area (South Wales)and still living here , not far from the castle which is fab for walking around :D
Have a fantastic , supportive hubby who is checking food labels on a regular basis looking for foods that may be suitable and 2 fab teenage lads (dont tell them I said so lol ). :D

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
DavideB said:
Born and bred in Peterborough Love Peterborough United Now live in Cesena Italy
Peterborough's my nearest Dog track to where I live,Good track and good night out! :thumbup: