Why am I getting taken to diabetes destroy on this forum?

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been taken to a page called diabetes destroyer when I logon on to this forum... does this page have a bug in it?

Anyone else having this?

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't get it either. I suspect having Ad Block Plus installed helps.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
well I'm not getting it today. phew.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Giverny it has just done this to me on safari - opened up a new tab taking me to diabetes destroyer when I clicked recent posts.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
well I'm not getting it today. phew.

Phew, that's good! There was a vulnerability in one of the open source plugins we used, and that was exploited by the DD spambot. The DD spam is doing the rounds online. The exploit redirected users to the DD website. It's very annoying, sorry for the inconvenience. All data is held on external severs (i.e. not on the same server as the forum) so no data is at risk. It's just really annoying, and really inconvenient. It's been fixed, thanks to @Giverny and Sukh/Kieran yesterday. The most annoying thing is that there's no way to track the identity of the people behind it either. We've reported the matter to the police, tracking is extremely difficult/tricky. Here's hoping.

Reactions: 13 people

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Phew, that's good! There was a vulnerability in one of the open source plugins we used, and that was exploited by the DD spambot. The DD spam is doing the rounds online. The exploit redirected users to the DD website. It's very annoying, sorry for the inconvenience. All data is held on external severs (i.e. not on the same server as the forum) so no data is at risk. It's just really annoying, and really inconvenient. It's been fixed, thanks to @Giverny and Sukh/Kieran yesterday. The most annoying thing is that there's no way to track the identity of the people behind it either. We've reported the matter to the police, tracking is extremely difficult/tricky. Here's hoping.

If it was fixed yesterday, why did it do it to me at 9:30 this morning - on the iPad, on safari, not logged in, clicking on recent posts. Just saying in case it needs looking at further :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

If it was fixed yesterday, why did it do it to me at 9:30 this morning - on the iPad, on safari, not logged in, clicking on recent posts. Just saying in case it needs looking at further :)
Same here. On Safari today on ipad while not logged in. Then got it on my laptop on Internet Explorer, again not logged in. I am using Chrome now and so far so good.

@Administrator this is still a problem.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, it threw itself at me when I came onto site without even being signed in then again when I signed in, hope it can be sorted soon..........:stop: