Winter Keepy Uppies Type 2.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ventured out for 10 mins.
World got bigger, enough exertion for one day.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely long sludgy walk with dogs yesterday. Every step braced to prevent falling over on the slippery mud.
Felt good after, all worthy and warm and glowy.
However, today Mr B has woken with agonising neck pain, so we think one of the frequent near-slips has wrenched something.
It hasn't affected his appetite, he is glad to say.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
5ee17432d5d61b0630a7e4d1b1a10ae5.jpg

Just an example of my activity . Love my Fitbit , keeps me moving .
Had a horrible cold but tried to keep going in little chunks and bought a stepper from Aldi.

Reactions: DeejayR and Pipp

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mrs DeeJay helped take the glass out of the greenhouse on the allotment and bring it home for washing. Next month we plan to bring the frame down and have the greenhouse in the garden.
This afternoon, 2km walk on the pebble beach & prom in the sunshine
This week my yoga teacher said I was a very good boy for practising breathing technique :) For anyone who'd like to try it, it goes in, out, in, out, repeat.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
My husband loves his yoga , he's shown me a couple of positions , not easy is it

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My husband loves his yoga , he's shown me a couple of positions , not easy is it
The lying down ones are ok. I've invented a few for the sofa.
Bit of digging today but got too hot and my Libre sensor fell off :( however it had done 12 days and has been the best one yet.

Reactions: Lorraine deer

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Excuse me for giggling at your recent posts, @Jamrox and @DeejayR . They reminded me of a Carry On film script.

I guess you are exercising, though. Which is more than I am managing. This 'sick note' has been lengthy. Looking forward to spring and lighter nights, and hoping we can get this thread moving again. Has been a life saver.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Took the old car to the shops today to warm it up a bit, so no walking, but was able to dig some more in the garden. Plenty of puffing removing roots from clay soil. More tomorrow hopefully.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have been walking about a lot. Sometimes it's almost spring! The first camellia bloom is here. It was the first plant I bought when we moved into the bungalow last Feb. I felt full of energy today as we crunched along the shingle beach.

Attachments

• zzz Jan 28 (1).png
    zzz Jan 28 (1).png
    438.3 KB · Views: 282

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tropics? @DeejayR ?

I am still recovering from the lurgy, but did get to oldies gym, on Thursday. Managed about 20 mins of exercise.

Recovering since.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
South Devon!
Do you have to recover from exercise? That doesn't sound right for us. Athletes, yes. But not us mature, sedate people.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think it is my immaturity, @DeejayR .
The recovering comment was a bit tongue in cheek, as I have been somewhat housebound for several weeks. How quickly I lost the little bit of fitness I had. Will take ages to get back to the level I was. Not giving up, though. Have managed to get back to the swimming pool yesterday and today.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Swimming is said to be excellent. Unless you sink, like me. Mrs DeeJay is thinking of visiting the new local gym, which we've been told is very high tech. Since I'm not Robocop I doubt if it would do me any good. I'll stick to housework and shopping until it stops raining.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh I float. Built in bouyancy .
Aquafit and swimming are my go to exercise choices. It doesn't hurt to move in water like it does on land.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi everyone I have been active , most of the time.
Some days not much because the weather is horrible and my work has been manic so I've only managed a couple of thousand steps.
I've decide to try for 4 mile February so we'll see what happens.
Love the flower , so pretty DeejayR.
Hope you feel better soon Pipp. Xx