Worried 20.2

shandromeda

Dislikes
grumpy people
I made a mistake tonight i ate some yoghurt with sugar and inverted sugar in it,i only had half then realised what was in it but i've just tested and it was 20.2 will i be ok ? i'm sat here with a dry wine hopeing it will help it go down,i've never had a reading like this,panicing a bit,shan x

shandromeda

Dislikes
grumpy people
Thats strange i just tested again now its gone down to 10.7 i think my body just likes tricking me,i know its still high but i have had this reading before,but its shocked me into being more carefall in future its not like me to get it so wrong :oops: shan x

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Did you wash your hands before testing,Shan.maybe you had some on your fingers causing the high reading.

shandromeda

Dislikes
grumpy people
That might be the reason Sue,i usually do but i was rushing around stuff for the kids i tested in a rush because of eating the :twisted: yoghurt, blimey i was worried there,just goes to show though how easy it is to slip up,shan x

Trinkwasser

You can often knock your BG down significantly by a fast walk or similar exercise BUT not advisable when you're up at those levels.

My money's on some yogurt stuck to your finger. If in doubt wash your hands and test again. Everyone frightens themselves like that once in a while (sometimes even soap or hand cream might do it)

lilibet

Hi Shan
Glad things evened out. If I get a wonky high or low reading, I always test 2x

You might have spiked and then come back down but is unlikely to be so high and down so fast for half a yoghurt so likely a testing blip

Fair makes your heart stop though.....

nessa-lou

Dislikes
my injections
i just wanted to add....i have had this problem before, were my meter has told me im so high then i test again and im lower. what i normally do is if i test my sugars and its high unusually i test again if its gone down soo fast i test it again and normally its the lower reading. so if you have this problem again try that. and wash ur hands lol. i always forget that one! x

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
do you have a ketone meter?

If you have high blood sugars, ketones and start vomiting, that's definatly time to go to A&E...

I got given a ketone meter when i started on the pump... as things can get messy pretty quickly on a pump if it stops working for any reaso.

It's an Optium Xceed meter and you can get Ketone strips for it. It's much more accurate than urine testing because it's real time info and not delayed like urine tests.