Would you have.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just out of interest & may be help other.
Lets list foods with nutritional values & see if it would be the choise of many or just a few, cause we all have our own tastes & carb levels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ice cream from Lidl's.
Ingredients
Partially reconstituted skimmed milk concentrate, sugar, palm oil, dextrose, whey powder, (milk), emulsifiers, mono & diglycerides of fatty acids, stabilisers, guar gum, sodium alginate, natural flavoring, colour, cartenes.

Attachments

• 1423256166178.jpg
    1423256166178.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 227

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely not.Not enough fat, too many carbs, too much sugar, and probably tastes awful!

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I think you should post the list of ingredients as well.

Here's what's in Tesco Vanilla Flavour Soft Scoop Ice cream:

Partially reconstituted lactose reduced whey protein concentrate (from milk), sugar, vegetable oil and hydrogenated vegetable oil, dextrose, whey powder, emulsifier: mono and diglycerides of fatty acids, stabilisers (guar gum, sodium alginate), flavourings, colours (curcumin, anatto).

Personally, I avoid most highly processed factory food with ingredients like those.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Partially reconstituted lactose reduced whey protein concentrate (from milk), sugar, vegetable oil and hydrogenated vegetable oil, dextrose, whey powder, emulsifier: mono and diglycerides of fatty acids, stabilisers (guar gum, sodium alginate), flavourings, colours (curcumin, anatto).

Personally, I avoid most highly processed factory food with ingredients like those.

Goodness me. What rubbish. Fancy eating that.

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ewwwwww.
No thanks.

My homemade icecream (that I make about 4 times a year), has 3 ingredients: frozen berries, double cream, erythritol/xylitol.

But of course, that is fruit icecream. I would have to phaff with eggs to make a vanilla one. So that's not going to happen - cos I'm too lazy. ;)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I haven't got anything processed in my cupboards so feeling a bit left out!!!

Just making trifles, cheesecakes, strawberry tarts, eton mess and fresh fruit salads for 70 people at a party tomorrow but had to buy all the ingredients as I had nothing.. Not even a tin of fruit for trifles!
Going to take cheese for myself!!

Feeling left out!!

Reactions: 6 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Just added the contents & out of the 2 I would plum for the lidl 1, if I had to choose. Alot less ingredients in the lidl 1 & palm oil not veg oil. Hmmm what's palm oil classed as? Just looked it up & it's veg so the same type as tescos but named.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ewwwwww.
No thanks.

My homemade icecream (that I make about 4 times a year), has 3 ingredients: frozen berries, double cream, erythritol/xylitol.

But of course, that is fruit icecream. I would have to phaff with eggs to make a vanilla one. So that's not going to happen - cos I'm too lazy. ;)
Lol. I like that, you spend time making your ice cream, but too lazy to phaff with eggs. Classic.
My have again o at home made sometime,

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not really but the OH brought it, I spose I would at a push on odd occasions, not something I'd have all the time.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol. I like that, you spend time making your ice cream, but too lazy to phaff with eggs. Classic.
My have again o at home made sometime,

Ah, no.:)
My icecream takes 15 secs in the blender. Eat immediately.
Maybe a minute from taking ingredients from fridge and freezer to scooping it into the bowls.

Eggs is more phaff than that! ;)
I'm possibly the laziest one pot/one step cook in the world...

Reactions: 5 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Definitely not.Not enough fat, too many carbs, too much sugar, and probably tastes awful!
Maybe the fat could come from something you have with it, which would slow the digestion of it down so it wouldn't have to much of an impact.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Try it out and tell us the results at 1hr, 90 mins, and 2hrs. You would have to add loads of double cream I think

JTL

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Palm oil is a moral issue and should be avoided if possible.
Might help the planet last a bit longer.

JTL

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Ice cream from Lidl's.
Ingredients
Partially reconstituted skimmed milk concentrate, sugar, palm oil, dextrose, whey powder, (milk), emulsifiers, mono & diglycerides of fatty acids, stabilisers, guar gum, sodium alginate, natural flavoring, colour, cartenes.
Industrial ice cream sounds a bit scary.
Industrial chemically swamped food is probably what got some of us in the mess we're in now.
There are alternatives.
I know the chemical stuff can be tasty and is cheap and convenient but we do our best to avoid it in this house.
Saying that .... we do indulge and it's mostly for convenience.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just added the contents & out of the 2 I would plum for the lidl 1, if I had to choose. Alot less ingredients in the lidl 1 & palm oil not veg oil. Hmmm what's palm oil classed as? Just looked it up & it's veg so the same type as tescos but named.

The palm oil industry also kills orangutans and other endangered animals
http://www.orangutan.org.au/palm-oil

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes veg oil is to be avoided but the crazy thing is, it's use a lot in the cosmetics industry, so women are putting it in their systems when they use cosmetics.
" Palm oil is a common ingredient of margarines, biscuits, breads, breakfast cereals, instant noodles, shampoos, lipsticks, candles, detergents, chocolates and ice creams.

The list of products that rely on the unique properties of palm oil is long, with one estimate suggesting that about a half of all packaged items found in supermarkets contain it.

In fact, palm oil is now the most widely used vegetable oil on the planet, accounting for 65 per cent of all vegetable oil traded internationally.

By 2020, the use of palm oil is expected to double, as the world’s population increases and as people – especially in countries like China and India – become more affluent and consume more manufactured goods containing palm oil."
Bad news.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.

I boycott palm oil. Often it is not listed on the list of ingredients, or just as "vegetable oil" so I don't eat anything which does not specify which vegetable oil it is.