WOW !! a good day

timps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
cruelty in any form
Hi having a great day so far YES!! a free blood monitor.

I am so excited, pressed a few buttons about a week ago on Spirit Healthcare
Leicester and they have very kindly sent me a Caresens N.
I have no idea at all how to use it yet but will know by the end of today ( I hope).
It is going to make so much difference to my life as at last I will be in control of my low carb regime.
I am on 60 gr per day does that sound ok to you? advice would be most appreciated on when to take bloods and what the readings mean, hope that it will not be too much trouble but I would like to start the correct way in doing everything.
doctors not any use as they do not believe I should be taking my own bloods hence trying to get a monitor myself.
enjoying my low carbs and feel better in myself already. It has amazed me to see all of the rubbish in some foods
I do not buy anything prepacked never have and hopefully never will.
I have lost 3lbs in 4 weeks which is very slow but have now gone from 5oomg metformin daily to 1000mg daily
should this make much difference to my weight combined with my low carbs?
sorry to ramble on a bit but there is so much to learn and do.
thank you
carole :?

MaryJ

hi Carole

Like you I couldn't wait to get started.

my advice is to test 2 hours after eating each of your meals. I tend not to bother with the morning read as it's unreliable (due to the dawn phenonenom) but it's up to you.

Record your food and reads. If you get over 8.5 (I now aim for 7.8) reduce or eliminate the carb in that meal. Try the same carbs at different times of the day and cooked differently. Try to only have one carb with the meal or you wont know which carb causes a spike or if its a combination of more than one.

Let the research begin.

Mary x

timps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
cruelty in any form
Thank you Mary, I will start this evening and keep a record can't wait to see what does and doesn't suit. will post how I get on
carole

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck Carole. Just a quick tip, make sure your hands are absolutely clean before you test as any residues on them can influence the reading. I have been testing since March and it certainly keeps you on the straight and narrow. :)