Wow - it's working!

Supaloo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bailed on porridge, opted for this instead.

Attachments

• 1407836970023.jpg
    1407836970023.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 345

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
LOL - watch out for any added sugar in the tinned tomatoes and cereal filler in the bangers though!

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
LOL - watch out for any added sugar in the tinned tomatoes and cereal filler in the bangers though!

I was thinking that too....

Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Outdoor reared Pork, and Toulouse sausages are very low carb (about 1g per banger, iirc) because they're almost entirely meat but many other sausages have lots of rusk in them and are Sausage Satans. 1/2 tin of tomatoes - well, the ones I have, anyway - contain about 5g of carbs. Otherwise, all looks most suitable, though in spite of all the proselytizing on here, I can't quite overcome my conviction that I'm looking at a heart attack on a plate* :)

*(this is not intended as a troll; it's just years of conditioning by the medico-pharmaceutical lobby :))

Supaloo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was thinking that too....

Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Outdoor reared Pork, and Toulouse sausages are very low carb (about 1g per banger, iirc) because they're almost entirely meat but many other sausages have lots of rusk in them and are Sausage Satans. 1/2 tin of tomatoes - well, the ones I have, anyway - contain about 5g of carbs. Otherwise, all looks most suitable, though in spite of all the proselytizing on here, I can't quite overcome my conviction that I'm looking at a heart attack on a plate* :)

*(this is not intended as a troll; it's just years of conditioning by the medico-pharmaceutical lobby :))
Not too sure what a troll is, but often look like one in the morning. Yes, I know it's a real departure from the general medically advised route. However, it seems to be having the right impact on both my BG & waistline - happy to wave an evangelical flag to help others try something different to bring the BG under control. I am a convert, as my readings have been in the high teens until now.

I think you'll find my other meals more in line with what is generally considered healthy - lots of salad ;)

Reactions: 4 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a strong believer in the principle that, if it works, don't knock it, or try to over-analyse why. I'm certainly going the low carb bit - and it's already bought my levels down a lot - but I'm not stressing the high fat bit quite so much although I am eating the occasional bit of cheese and red meat with the consoling thought that it's good for me. I even had a fry-up at the weekend :).

(A troll, in a forum context, is someone who makes deliberately provocative or offensive remarks, with the intention of generating a cyber-row. They don't generally believe in what they're saying; the argument is everything. They usually know exactly the right buttons to press and although I have spent very limited time on here so far, I'm getting the impression that low carb vs low fat is one such button).

Supaloo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm a strong believer in the principle that, if it works, don't knock it, or try to over-analyse why. I'm certainly going the low carb bit - and it's already bought my levels down a lot - but I'm not stressing the high fat bit quite so much although I am eating the occasional bit of cheese and red meat with the consoling thought that it's good for me. I even had a fry-up at the weekend :).

(A troll, in a forum context, is someone who makes deliberately provocative or offensive remarks, with the intention of generating a cyber-row. They don't generally believe in what they're saying; the argument is everything. They usually know exactly the right buttons to press and although I have spent very limited time on here so far, I'm getting the impression that low carb vs low fat is one such button).
Well, I'm not really that interested in an argument about it, (do that for a living). I'm relieved that at last there seems to be some movement in my BG in the downward direction, at last. I was following a text book diet until I read the feeds on here. I concluded I have nothing to lose by trying it for a few days, however, the outcomes are so good I felt it necessary to say thanks and share my journey.

Feeling full after a meal and being able to avoid pigging out on fruit, my nemesis, is a real bonus. Also, not spending an age weighing things and counting calories is fab. It would appear the majority of T2s are like me 'food-lovers', but sadly, with limited discernment on what might be a feasible dietary change that offers sufficient treats and food (for that matter). I remember the hype about the Atkins diet and when I read the book (years ago), felt I couldn't commit to that as there were so many restrictions on veg. This feels like a far more sensible version and is definitely working for me. However, I am taking meds and recognise that I need them too. Just hope I won't need to take more.

Reactions: 3 people