Yellow diarreha

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
after I was on strong antibiotics my poo went yellowish for a couple of months, till I had probiotics tablets which fixed it

Beshlie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Beshlie. I've had my gallbladder removed & have same problem with diarrhoea, are you on metformin??? I've been on it for 7 weeks & having terrible trouble. If your not on metformin what do you take? Thanks in advance Sam
Hi Sam, Some of us do get bile acid diarrhoea, I think it's because we don't release bile just when we eat and it is sort of 'dripping' into out digestive system all the time. With Metformin I was put on the ordinary tablets in November when I was diagnosed but had terrible trouble with constant, painful trapped wind, extreme nausea and nearly constant diarrhoea, so I was afraid to leave the house. I left them off and felt fine in a few days. Then when I went to see my doctor she suggested I go on the SR Metformin and I experienced the same reaction. So, I have had to leave them off as I can't live like that, and have been controlling my diabetes with diet and as much exercise as I can take, which is not a lot really at the moment. I keep my BG levels as close as possible to non diabetic readings and have lost another 2 stones since doing this. I go for my HbA1c test this month so I guess I will know then how I am really doing. I do have the occasional spike when trying a new food but never above 9 to 10, and it's back to normal (between 4+ and 5+) an hour or so later. I'm not suggesting you stop your Metformin as this was my own decision, but you could speak to your doctor and see what he or she says. I hope you can get some relief, Sam, as I know what you are going through.