Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I m glad I am not alone. Do you require a lot more? How much jump do you see in cold weather with the same meals/
Thank you

No not a lot, just 2-3 units more and that's basal insulin, meal-time ratio's stay just the same but I really don't eat any different in the winter than I do in the summer, do you find you need a lot more insulin overall?

Shecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Animal harmers, Smoking, Ignorance, Rudeness

Shecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Animal harmers, Smoking, Ignorance, Rudeness
I usually need 3 to 5 units of Nokia per meal it Diabetes is unique to each person it is never the same in 2 people :)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I seem to need 1/2 unit more per meal but still run 5-10 higher. I generally only take one per meal but I don't like taking extra. It makes me feel funny if I don't get it right and being LCHF I don't like going low 1st and trying to catch the high is a lot of work to split doses. I also think I need more protein in colder and less raw veg so trying to work this out. I appreciate your input,. I am less than 2 years on insulin and working out the quinks

Brihaze

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being pushed into technology
Do others seem to require additional insulin as the weather gets colder?
Do others seem to require additional insulin as the weather gets colder?
Yes Kristin weather changes do make a difference even taking a hot bath or shower will lower blood sugars I live in Australia where temps range up to around 40deg C and am likely to Hypo easily under those conditions I run around 10% less insulin and back up again for winter, I sometimes use a hot shower to help get BG down Type LADA 40years