ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Racism,ignorance,nastiness,selfishness
Hi there ,

I was diagnosed Type 1 when I was having my son who is now 3 (tomorrow).
I had a c section and since then I have had awful periods, heavy and long (sometimes 14 days!).
Also had a few times of spotting around ovulation.
This month my period is 14 days and towards the end very gunky and brown, almost like when you start your periods.
I had bloods tests / smear / internal camera last August and everything came back normal.
My question is are there any other type 1s out there that suffer with periods like this?
I'm 35 in March and I'm wondering if I'm peri-menopausal? I've read alot about type 1 women going into menopause early?
I am due to see my Doctor next week as my iron was low on my last HB1ac test so they want to do more blood work. Would be nice to hear from anyone who has/does suffer the same please.
Thank you in advance x

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had something similar at your age when my thyroid started to give up.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's quite a long time ago so can't really remember, as I had severe memory issues at the time too. I think it got better when I changed my life and my diet.
You should try and get it checked, there are lots of hormones and stuff that might be involved.

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It's quite a long time ago so can't really remember, as I had severe memory issues at the time too. I think it got better when I changed my life and my diet.
You should try and get it checked, there are lots of hormones and stuff that might be involved.

Thank you Totto

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the same thing @ShelleyHarris1981. Thyroid test came back fine & GP said it could be a hormone imbalance but not 100% sure so need to make another appt. X

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have the same thing @ShelleyHarris1981. Thyroid test came back fine & GP said it could be a hormone imbalance but not 100% sure so need to make another appt. X

Thank you so much for replying. Its very draining isn't it bleeding for such a prolonged time. I'm trying not to worry as smear, bloods and my internal examination were all clear but you still worry don't you?

Reactions: 2 people

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you so much for replying. Its very draining isn't it bleeding for such a prolonged time. I'm trying not to worry as smear, bloods and my internal examination were all clear but you still worry don't you?
Will you let me know how your next app goes if you don't mind? Its nice to know I'm not the only one!x

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You are definitely NOT alone. I remember my sis in law had the same as well, her GP told her she needed to get the coil as that would stop the bleeding. It worked for her.

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You are definitely NOT alone. I remember my sis in law had the same as well, her GP told her she needed to get the coil as that would stop the bleeding. It worked for her.

Thank you, had a few tears tonight, but do feel better reading your replies and knowing something can be done

Reactions: 2 people