Not diabetic anymore??? Confused as heck :(

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi Brunneria, that helped sort my question out wish doctor or diabetic nurse could have sorted that one out !!!! lost a little weight need to loose more my doc said I am 12 .4 . Probably would feel better if I could sort this catarrh out will ask doc a lot of questions tomorrow. first visit to him since I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago, he put me on metformin 2 daily BG was 19.3 so coming down just get confused with what to eat its a nightmare.:confused::confused:

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Believe you're cured and it will happen, believe you're going to get slowly worse which is what the doctors tell you and you surely will get worse especially with the medications they prescribe which are designed to cause diabetes .

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Believe you're cured and it will happen, believe you're going to get slowly worse which is what the doctors tell you and you surely will get worse especially with the medications they prescribe which are designed to cause diabetes .

I remember a court case in America where the parents of a little boy expressed such views, and took their child off all diabetic medication.

A few weeks later, they were arrested for his murder.

Reactions: 11 people

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I remember a court case in america, where the parents of a little boy expressed such views and took their child off all diabetic medication.

A few weeks later, they were arrested for his murder.

research it for yourself , my father takes metfromin and has had 6 heart attacks they are also pumping him with statins which are also a cause of diabetes .

The child you're speaking of was type 1 not type 2 , i feel people trust the people in white coat's too much and won't believe they can cure this man made disease with proper diet and exercise. Diabetes is causes mainly by bad fats and processed food which causes diabetes , look it up I'm not trying to scare anyone . In fact surely it is better to treat the root cause and not the symptoms by eating healthy and exercise .

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The child you're speaking of was type 1 not type 2.

Then you shouldn't make sweeping statements, should you?

Whether you intend to scare people or not, that is the effect that you may have. Very irresponsible.

It doesn't matter what you believe, however wacky your views. It doesn't even matter if your views have some basis in fact. Wild statements, without links, with even wilder claims, are very harmful.

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Then you shouldn't make sweeping statements, should you?

Whether you intend to scare people or not, that is the effect that you may have. Very irresponsible.

It doesn't matter what you believe, however wacky your views. It doesn't even matter if your views have some basis in fact. Wild statements, without links, with even wilder claims, are very harmful.

. Post the link and i can easily post links to proven facts that what i say is true. You can even search on this site for the information. Tthink before you accuse me of untrue things.

Edited by a mod for rudeness towards another member

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am very concerned about some of the comments being made. I do accept some of us have been able to control our diabetes at least for now but I do not think that because some need extra help with meds they should in any way feel a failure. Please be aware that people struggling with their control might be reading this.

Reactions: 12 people

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I am very concerned about some of the comments being made. I do accept some of us have been able to control our diabetes at least for now but I do not think that because some need extra help with meds they should in any way feel a failure. Please be aware that people struggling with their control might be reading this.

There are threads about the medications on this forum though , should the information be hidden ?

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
research it for yourself , my father takes metfromin and has had 6 heart attacks they are also pumping him with statins which are also a cause of diabetes .

The child you're speaking of was type 1 not type 2 , i feel people trust the people in white coat's too much and won't believe they can cure this man made disease with proper diet and exercise. Diabetes is causes mainly by bad fats and processed food which causes diabetes , look it up I'm not trying to scare anyone . In fact surely it is better to treat the root cause and not the symptoms by eating healthy and exercise .

If it is purely a man-made disease, how come it is hereditary? Most people with Type 2 I have spoken to have relatives with it too. You can possibly control your diabetes with no medication with hard work and determination but can't cure it, you will always have diabetes!

By the way, how do you know the Metformin caused your father's heart attacks?

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
If it is purely a man-made disease, how come it is hereditary? Most people with Type 2 I have spoken to have relatives with it too. You can possibly control your diabetes with no medication with hard work and determination but can't cure it, you will always have diabetes!

By the way, how do you know the Metformin caused your father's heart attacks?

i posted the studies.

Edited by a mod

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thank you for the references. They do not, however, support all your sweeping statements.

There are many of us on the forum who control our diabetes by diet and exercise, and who manage without diabetes medication. I am one of them. But it doesn't mean I tell other people their diabetes is because of their lack of faith.

Lots of lively discussions on the benefits of drugs (including statins) too.

I still find it irresponsible and offensive that you are telling us we can cure their own diabetes by faith and that medications are designed to cause diabetes (see below)

Reactions: 3 people

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Actually, I reversed my type two following the diet doctor's LCHF plan. I even bought his book. I switched to zero carb later. I guess we won't know if it's permanently reversed until I'm dead. Most people who eat "normally" are overweight, get cancer, cardiovascular disease, stroke, arthritis, diabetes, etc. I don't plan on going back to that way of eating.
Hi @NoCrbs4Me, when you say 'zero carb' what exactly do you eat?

Reactions: 2 people

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i posted the studies, and all i see here is people relishing diabetes but i guess its a good talking point to make you feel special.
If I could be bothered, I am sure I could find links to dispute your links, but I can't as I am too lazy, which is probably why I caught diabetes in the first place. Why do YOU think your diabetes makes YOU special? Is it because you have cured it with your faith?

Reactions: 4 people

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i posted the studies, and all i see here is people relishing diabetes but i guess its a good talking point to make you feel special.
You didn't the question about how you know your father taking Metformin caused his heart attacks.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Some posts in this thread have been edited for rudeness. Please keep the discussion civil even if you disagree.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Hi @NoCrbs4Me, when you say 'zero carb' what exactly do you eat?
Bacon, eggs, ribeye, some cheese. Anything from an animal source. Nothing from plants. My diet may not be completely devoid of any carbs, but pretty close.