Should I eat breakfast?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I smash an avocado with sea salt and eat with celery. You can just eat it out of the skin too. Quick and very healthy

You could par cook the bacon so it is not quite done, freeze left overs and zap it in the microwave to finish it off too.

Reactions: 4 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Or you could cook 97% meat sausages the night before, and eat them cold for breakfast, or heat up in microwave.

Reactions: 2 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for all the suggestions. I now have bacon and mushrooms (cooked) in the fridge, waiting to be microwaved first thing tomorrow, and we'll see what happens.

On the plus side, my bs reading 2 hours after lunch was 6.5 and one hour before dinner was 5.1. So at least it hasn't stayed high all day.

Reactions: 3 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I had a reading of 6.8 on waking. Zapped the bacon and mushrooms in the microwave and made coffee with cream (heaven).

Reading one hour after breakfast was 8.5, 2 hours after breakfast was 8.3, 4 hours after breakfast it was 6.1. So not brilliant, but not as bad as I feared, and better than the day before when I didn't eat breakfast.

I'm now going to make some hardboiled eggs to eat tomorrow morning and see if that helps. I'm so new to all this, it's a matter of experimenting and working out what's best for me.

Reactions: 6 people

joshua09

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well, I had a reading of 6.8 on waking. Zapped the bacon and mushrooms in the microwave and made coffee with cream (heaven).

Reading one hour after breakfast was 8.5, 2 hours after breakfast was 8.3, 4 hours after breakfast it was 6.1. So not brilliant, but not as bad as I feared, and better than the day before when I didn't eat breakfast.

I'm now going to make some hardboiled eggs to eat tomorrow morning and see if that helps. I'm so new to all this, it's a matter of experimenting and working out what's best for me.
im newish to all this aswell. question thou... do you re heat your hardboiled eggs? I detest cold egg! but thinking I could pre cook it. I don't generally eat breakfast but really need to

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey, you are doing great,and doing lots of things right in my opinion.But it took me about three months before I got my numbers down significantly.I reckon it took that long to get all the stored glycogen out of my liver.I am sure your numbers will come down lower soon.
Well done.

Reactions: 6 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
im newish to all this aswell. question thou... do you re heat your hardboiled eggs? I detest cold egg! but thinking I could pre cook it. I don't generally eat breakfast but really need to
@joshua 09, I'm happy to heat cold hard boiled eggs.

My readings were highish today, I ate salad for lunch, chicken and green veg for dinner, went to the gym for two hours and my post dinner 2-hour reading (after 1 hour in the gym) was 10.2! I cannot understand how it went that high. I've just got home, 3 hours after last eating, and tested again - it's 8.2. Not good at all.

joshua09

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@joshua 09, I'm happy to heat cold hard boiled eggs.

My readings were highish today, I ate salad for lunch, chicken and green veg for dinner, went to the gym for two hours and my post dinner 2-hour reading (after 1 hour in the gym) was 10.2! I cannot understand how it went that high. I've just got home, 3 hours after last eating, and tested again - it's 8.2. Not good at all.
thankyou eggs it is tomorrow then! I fasted all day today. as I thought meter was broke. testing at 8 am it was 5.4 testing at 2 pm it was 7, testing at 6pm it was 7.6 ate at 6:30 just retested and its 17.6. wow, bit of a difference!