Tired

Watty62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Any ideas of why I am sooooooo tired could fall asleep anytime of the day even after 20 mins of being awake?

Reactions: 2 people

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That was the only sign that had type 2 Diabetes. It was a locum GP who picked up on my fatigue when i went to see her about something else.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
have you had your iron levels checked?

zoze_j

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Moths & mushrooms!
People who are ignorant towards diabetes :(
Animal cruelty
People who use their mobile phones whilst driving
Any ideas of why I am sooooooo tired could fall asleep anytime of the day even after 20 mins of being awake?

I went to see my consultant, as I had the same symptoms. He sent me for (what felt like) a million blood tests until they discovered as well as being physically incapable of producing insulin, I am also incpable of producing Vitamin D. So now I have to take a prescription supplement! :joyful: On the bright side, I feel much better. If I get tired/run down now, then I know it's time to start popping the vitamin d!

MandaC66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Could you have sleep apnoea? There is a link between poor sleep, diabetes and weight.
I know, before I was diagnosed with either, that I overloaded on carbs and sugar to give me energy...vicious circle!
Do persist with your GP to get to the bottom of your fatigue and good luck finding a solution.

Watty62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
More pills !!! Never thought i would get to the stage of needing a pill organiser :-(

Watty62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Could you have sleep apnoea? There is a link between poor sleep, diabetes and weight.
I know, before I was diagnosed with either, that I overloaded on carbs and sugar to give me energy...vicious circle!
Do persist with your GP to get to the bottom of your fatigue and good luck finding a solution.
I believe I do have sleep apnoea awaiting an appointment :-(

JasminDolly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes War Corruption
Watty62 I have been type 1 for 37 years I have not been well controlled I am on a lot of medication for complications and although now I'm well controlled I still feel tired all the time and could go back to sleep half hour after I've woken up I can only assume it's the combination of all my meds? Does anyone else have any clues for me?

gmmorris

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Jasmin - I'm exactly the same. If it helps - I have been on insulin for about ten years, and almost every single diabetic I have spoken with complains of tiredness. Maybe it's just par for the course?

susyross

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who don't make the effort to be healthy
I am always tired too... been diabetic for , hmmmm too long!! I feel at my best after taking Tai Chi classes - slow but very helpful exercise and I sleep better too :)

Dazzy_D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I believe I do have sleep apnoea awaiting an appointment :-(
I had massively high sugar levels a few weeks back and my girlfriend also says I breath very erratically in my sleep. I could have slept standing up on the train !! You may have a combo of both. Feel more lively now my levels are back down but at the expense of more meds :-(

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
If your Diabetes is under control, maybe get your doctor to check your hormone levels, I had similar symptoms turned out I had low testosterone saw an endocrinologist and started on TRT on Xmas eve, since then my energy levels have shot up and my tiredness has been reserved for when I've been ill with colds etc.

susyross

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Thyroid levels and D3 also very important!! I no longer have my thyroid and getting the meds sorted out has been difficult - also had to up my D3 does reacently

armaco00

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Does that include being easily winded? I've started doing cardio but must sit after walking short distance. If it's just cause I'm out of shape, can remedy with exercise

susyross

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Does that include being easily winded? I've started doing cardio but must sit after walking short distance. If it's just cause I'm out of shape, can remedy with exercise
I am not a doctor - but I would tell my treating physicians to make sure there is nothing serious