What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Thanks MARGAR and Prem51 for the like and the Hug cheered me up what a good site to be on.

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning All.

Mine was 7.2 at 9am!!:bigtears:

Reactions: 7 people

ianmiller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @ianmiller :) - You could go to Type 2 Life. There's 'banter' between people on there. Regards, William.

Nanonet35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
mine after my
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

I'll start.

What about you?
Mine was 5.7 mmol after my morning cup of tea,

Reactions: 8 people

Johndotcom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Some of the stupid suggestions made by Diabetes Consultant, who seems to know less than patients, we don't all fit in this typical box!
Mine @ 09:15 this morning was 5.8mmol/ml I am on a Insulin Pump for better control 24/7.
I have noticed that some have stated below 5.0 for their blood sugar reading, if you are driving to work or at anytime, the law now states your blood sugar must be above above 5.0 at all times you are driving. If you have a accident now since this alteration from Swansea, your insurance will be invalid and you will get prosecuted to.
This should be known now by all Diabetics, but just a reminder in case anyone wasn't aware. Please be careful out there.

Reactions: 6 people

Paul520785

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
At 7.45 - up late - 6.5 for me - T1 for over 55 years -
FBG each morning targeted at 5.5 but need to fine tune with a very late evening snack every day.
Just got my 3yr driving licence renewed which was surprisingly quick!
Form arrived day after annual review with consultant and licence thro 26 days later.

Reactions: 9 people

raystreeton

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello mates,

I'll start.

What about you?
Hi. I was 6.6. This morning. I am 2 meters tall don't know if body size is taken in

trucker23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello mates,

I'll start.

What about you?
Mine was 8.0 not to bad but I would rather it was lower.

bofhvp

mine was 11.5 this morning. not happy with that. but not having a job and getting (extremly) lazy explains why its that high.

don't have much motivation either to go to the gym :(

Nickzzz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning before breakfast - this is quite good for me. However will start testing as soon as I get up from now on.

Actaeon70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Noise, drunk people
Mine was 10.8 at 07.15. Considering I've been getting readings in the mid 20's, I'm quite pleased with this.

Reactions: 9 people

roslynfarm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Grant - welcome to the forum :) What a good idea for a thread. When I read this I had already had my first morning cup of coffee about 10-15 mins before but tested anyway and got 6.4. Last true fasting test was 5.9 so the coffee didn't make much difference (and no sugar anyway!). I usually get fasting tests in the 5s which is where I like them. Perhaps checking in here with my levels will help me remember to do the early morning test :)